Uniden Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

jperuta

Premium Subscriber
Good Evening all,

My SDS 100 is currently at Uniden since September 18th 2019. I logged on to see the status of it today and all it has said is "unit has been received". My question is has is that common. I would like to see the status so i can kinda of expect to know when to watch the door for its return. Thanks in advance

know when to watch the door for its return.

xusmarine1979

Thanks Doc.

Yeah I sent my 100 in and was accepted on September 12th. I really have no complaints, I'm just biting my nails waiting. My wife says I've been going through withdraws.

xusmarine1979

Thanks Doc.

Yeah I sent my 100 in and was accepted on September 12th. I really have no complaints, I'm just biting my nails waiting. My wife says I've been going through withdraws.

Oh, and my status hasn't changed but no big deal. I do hope I hear something before next weekend, going on a little trip and I'd like to see how it does out on the road.

Bugkiller

Premium Subscriber
Going by my dealings with radio repairs from Uniden, you have to wait about 4 to 5 weeks from the time they received the scanner

mule1075

Feed Provider
Thanks Doc.

Turn around time has been usually around 20 working days give or take. If they accepted it on the 12th they have had as of today 17 working days.

xusmarine1979

Still no status updates as of yet. Did speak to one of the reps on the site yesterday and most likely I won't have the radio back this week. It got me pretty bummed out, I was looking forward to a little road trip this weekend to see how it does traveling through the state.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Still no status updates as of yet. Did speak to one of the reps on the site yesterday and most likely I won't have the radio back this week. It got me pretty bummed out, I was looking forward to a little road trip this weekend to see how it does traveling through the state.
Well, hopefully, yours will actually be fixed. I send mine in before yours got it back Sept 30. Today I stop receiving exactly as it did the first time. So the repair only worked for 10 days. Consider I mailed it Uniden on august 19. In to month, I got to use my sds100 for exactly 10 DAYS.

xusmarine1979

Well, hopefully, yours will actually be fixed. I send mine in before yours got it back Sept 30. Today I stop receiving exactly as it did the first time. So the repair only worked for 10 days. Consider I mailed it Uniden on august 19. In to month, I got to use my sds100 for exactly 10 DAYS.

I've been wondering about that too, actually. But after speaking with Jenna yesterday I'm pretty good. I know everyone wants their stuff back in a timely manner, I was just hoping to have it back by Sunday for a little birthday road trip. I planned the route around the radio to see how it does.
However, if I do have to send it in again I may ask for a replacement as others have. The price tag doesn't bother me, but due to the LSM issue in my area the SDS100 handles it near perfectly. So I'd hate to have to keep sending it in.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
I've been wondering about that too, actually. But after speaking with Jenna yesterday I'm pretty good. I know everyone wants their stuff back in a timely manner, I was just hoping to have it back by Sunday for a little birthday road trip. I planned the route around the radio to see how it does.
However, if I do have to send it in again I may ask for a replacement as others have. The price tag doesn't bother me, but due to the LSM issue in my area the SDS100 handles it near perfectly. So I'd hate to have to keep sending it in.
Do not count on it. I just spoke with her as well. I have to send it back for repair yet again. So that another month or so without the scanner. Based on the post from other users. I am fairly certain it comes back it works for a period of time and break yet again.

Joe_Blough

Do not count on it. I just spoke with her as well. I have to send it back for repair yet again. So that another month or so without the scanner. Based on the post from other users. I am fairly certain it comes back it works for a period of time and break yet again.
Sounds like the typical warranty scam may companies do. They send the product back unrepaired knowing you will soon tire of having to pay to ship the product back only to get it back in the same condition, unrepaired, Made a post about that in these forums but didn't know Uniden was like that. I suspected it after their refusal to fix the hum problem on the SDS200 even when the cause and solution was provided to them by on a silver platter by Static Discharge. Thanks for confirming what I suspected. Saw another person had the same experience.

xusmarine1979

I was pretty bummed out that my radio was supposed to be shipped back to me on the 10th. But I still haven't seen any updates at all on the status. I enjoy the radio and pretty much listen every single day while awake, but I will be quite disappointed even more if the radio will need to return a second time for the same issue. Only time will tell I suppose...

xusmarine1979

I was pretty bummed out that my radio was supposed to be shipped back to me on the 10th. But I still haven't seen any updates at all on the status. I enjoy the radio and pretty much listen every single day while awake, but I will be quite disappointed even more if the radio will need to return a second time for the same issue. Only time will tell I suppose...

I just had a message from Jenna that my radio will be shipped today. I'm really crossing my fingers that it won't need another trip in the future. This is actually my first experience ever having to send something in for repair. I guess I've always been pretty lucky. Even though the length of time wasn't quite what I expected, the level of communication is commendable.

xusmarine1979

Well I did get my radio back yesterday from Uniden. Cold solder joint. So far so good, and the signal even seems to be better than before. This thing just sings on 700/800. Time will tell!

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Well I did get my radio back yesterday from Uniden. Cold solder joint. So far so good, and the signal even seems to be better than before. This thing just sings on 700/800. Time will tell!
That how mine was for the first day of course more analog channels as my area is switch to p252 system currently, however, a day or two later I notice more static, which I chalked up to radio system as the county is using an older analog system that end of life and have to issue at times. Last Thursday it was working. Turn it off. Friday morning I turn it on. Nothing but static on channels with no transmissions, once these avoid the scanner pick nothing up. despite both the bcd125at and bcd436hp picking thing up on either side of the sds100. My scanner is currently back to Uniden for repair. It was also repaired for a cold solder joint. But only work for 10 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.