Uniden Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to address the complaints that have been made regarding the repair process, and clear things up a little. I do understand that being without the product you paid for is frustrating, and sometimes repair takes longer than expected. Typical Turn around time that we expect to have the units is 14-21 business days. If we're needing additional parts, it may take longer depending on circumstances.

With that being said- Our Customer Service agents are doing the best they can with the information that has been provided from our busy repair department. As you all can understand we service units for US and Canada, and can be busier at this time of the year, and Reps do always have the ability to check on the status of repair after they have been entered into our repair database. I encourage you guys to follow up with me through PM here, I'm always happy to check on any repair status, or general questions you guys have regarding your units.

Thanks
I have had nothing but good results sending units in to Uniden's repair center. That being said, there have been a number of posts by others that have had issues. Probably the most discouraging notes are cases where a recently serviced scanner has to be returned for service a second time shortly after it has come back from the initial repair. While I understand no one wants to be without their unit for an extended period of time, the 14 to 21 business day repair window is not unusual. The number of posts where a 'repaired' scanner has to go in for repair a second time is something that needs to be rectified.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
@rolesnevich as I've encouraged other users- please PM me and I'd be happy to look into this for you.
I have been message Uniden on facebook that brought me nothing. I can the 1800 number twice that brought me nothing. Frankly, I am done wasting my time with Uniden's lack of customer service. I have given you folks several changes. You burn on the last one when I was lied to about hearing back from Corporate. That lie was told on Oct 11. As of Nov 21 note on contact was made by uniden.

I have had nothing but good results sending units into Uniden's repair center. That being said, there have been a number of posts by others that have had issues. Probably the most discouraging notes are cases where a recently serviced scanner has to be returned for service a second time shortly after it has come back from the initial repair. While I understand no one wants to be without their unit for an extended period of time, the 14 to 21 business day repair window is not unusual. The number of posts where a 'repaired' scanner has to go in for repair a second time is something that needs to be rectified.
Exactly my thought. Was also I point I brought up when I had to send mine in a second time when I ask to speak to some from corporate. But that was ignored. Not one word yet. I even PM Uniden on facebook. That was just a waste of time as well.

xusmarine1979

I have been message Uniden on facebook that brought me nothing. I can the 1800 number twice that brought me nothing. Frankly, I am done wasting my time with Uniden's lack of customer service. I have given you folks several changes. You burn on the last one when I was lied to about hearing back from Corporate. That lie was told on Oct 11. As of Nov 21 note on contact was made by uniden.

Exactly my thought. Was also I point I brought up when I had to send mine in a second time when I ask to speak to some from corporate. But that was ignored. Not one word yet. I even PM Uniden on facebook. That was just a waste of time as well.

Sorry you haven't had any luck, Rob. I simply message them on here and have always had responses and help within a couple of hours. Other than having to send the radio in, I don't have any complaints. They just may need to consider using something else for this csj issue.

WoodburyMan

Can anyone link me to the spot on Uniden's website to fill out out a form or whatever for Repair? (This would be for US Support). On what I thought was their main support site, I filled in two forms so far to send my SDS100 in for repair, and have received nothing back. This was about 3 weeks ago and I did another 1 weeks ago. Strange.

This is for the issue I have listed here - SDS100 -116db Basically, the scanner only shows -60db or -116db for signal strength, nothing in between, and has been having issues with some frequencies as well.

rolesnevich

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone link me to the spot on Uniden's website to fill out out a form or whatever for Repair? (This would be for US Support). On what I thought was their main support site, I filled in two forms so far to send my SDS100 in for repair, and have received nothing back. This was about 3 weeks ago and I did another 1 week ago. Strange.

This is for the issue I have listed here - SDS100 -116db Basically, the scanner only shows -60db or -116db for signal strength, nothing in between, and has been having issues with some frequencies as well.
you have to print it out and sent it in witht he scanner.

WoodburyMan

you have to print it out and sent it in witht he scanner.
Yeah I did that the last time I sent it in, however I talked with the support first and they gave me a RMA # and such as well and linked me to the form to fill out and such. I can't seem to find that on their site now though, and the support link I found was different than the one I did before successfully over a year ago. (The knob of my SDS100 broke, and my HP2 had a bad battery on the board and I sent them both in back then). I'm thinking what I found isn't the correct way?

whooey

My SDS100 has the cold solder issue, no longer receiving signal; and the charger port isn't working, got my form filled out and the receipt of purchase, mailing it out tomorrow, hoping for smoothness lol.

MississippiPI

Premium Subscriber
I need to send my HP2 to repair as well, it was fixed once couple yrs ago but it's acting up again. Last time I sent it in it took 6 weeks to get it back..I was told by Uniden the repairs were outsourced and done off property and they have no control over that. I inquired as to why and they became agaitated with me. I will see how it goes this next time.

Be Safe

Status
Not open for further replies.