Uniden Repairs Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tramagod

I just recently has an unfortunate incident with my Home Patrol whereas the screen was exposed to moisture and the moisture seeped behind the screen rendering the touch control useless. I sent Uniden an e-mail describing the damage and requested a repair estimate for replacing the screen unit. Their response was $59.95. This sounds like a service charge more than a repair charge. Has anyone else had a similar repair done? Does this really sound right for this repair? Thanks for any replys on this issue. Aother question, what is their turn around time like? Thanks.

rbm

I've sent a few of my scanners in for repair. If they're out of warranty, and if they can be fixed, they normally charge a flat rate.
Rich

Per the Uniden web page:
"Flat rate repair charges are for out-of-warranty products and in most cases, include all parts and labor necessary to bring your product back to the original specifications.

Shipping and applicable taxes will be added to these charges. Please include $10 for shipping & handling charges if in the US or $15 for shipping & handling charges if in Canada. International charges will vary. The return information section will show you exactly how to send your product in for repair."

http://www.uniden.com/page/productrepair

lindsay34654

I also have sent items in and was charged that amount, I think that is a fair price to have something that cost that much repaired. Beats paying full price to have the thing replaced.

rbm

A few things you should be aware of.

When you send your scanner for repair, you need lots of patience.
It takes a few weeks.
They don't update the online status in a timely manner.
Sometimes your scanner will be delivered before the online status is updated.

Other than that, they're not bad.
Rich

OCO

the screen was exposed to moisture and the moisture seeped behind the screen

For us HP1 users, can you provide a little more detail? Dunked, sprayed, spilled on or just some raindrops?

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Also, It's my understanding that older scanners that are sent in for repairs are returned with the latest up-grades if possible and or needed. I don't think Uniden makes a big thing about doing such a nice thing.

W9NES

I have had Uniden scanners repaired by the Repair Department.This is a great rate.What the others have forgot to post is that with the $59.95 repair you get a 90 day warranty.I depend on my scanners all the time and when they need repair Uniden repairs them back to the way they should be.

lebrunmn

Retired... Get off my lawn!
Premium Subscriber
Good initial experience with Uniden repair

I sent my BC796D in for repair of a faulty computer jack... it took a little over a month, and one phone call to Uniden Repair for status, but they eventually just sent me a replacement/refurbed unit. I'd say that's a pretty good deal for $59.50.

Finto

Just sent my HP in with the same moisture in the screen issue. When I filled out the online info it said I owed no money as it was under warranty. Sent the unit in via FedEx. it arrived today via FedEx tracking. I'm a bit nervous as I've never don't this before. Is there a phone number or an email I can have to reach them in case it becomes an excessive amount of time? What else should I expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.