Uniden repairs

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1202

Premium Subscriber
Mainly this question is for UPMAN, but hopefully someone else may know. I had sent in a scanner for repair for a friend of mine and he just received a letter from Uniden stating payment is needed or they will destroy the scanner. Unsure if this is a mistake but I included my credit card number on the form along with the scanner information. I will try to call them tomorrow but is this normal? Even when I look up the SRO number it shows my credit card. Would feel horrible if he didn't get that letter and they destroyed his scanner!!!

Ubbe

The information about the scanner has your friends adress and you included your own credit card info?
The minimum credit card security would at least be that you cannot use another persons credit card?

/Ubbe

steve1202

Premium Subscriber
So I did call Uniden yesterday and it was the address verification. Fixed the address and she said she couldn't process the card as that is not her department. Said she could call me to let me know after it has been processed so hopefully today I hear from her.

JamesO

Uniden does not say they will destroy the item, they state they will DISPOSE of the item after 30 days for non payment. I was sent a similar letter because the credit card I used expired while the item was in for repair which was much slower a few years back. I think they have improved the Repair Processing and Turn Around time in the past few years due to all the 436/536 repairs that have been required.

My guess is they leave it on the shelf for at least 60-90 days, then they turn into a part unit.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Really charming thug tactics from Uniden.

"Thug Tactics"?
Really?
I guess in your mindset they should either:
1) Do the repairs for free?
or
2) Hold onto the item forever?
If someone does not pay then why should it be Unidens responsibility to keep the radio forever?
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.