Not open for further replies.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Uniden & RS

Also found this post:

jbxfire said:
N1BHH : Sir, I asked the lady at the TX repair shop in Fort Worth TX if that included ALL SCANNERS

not just RS & she replied (yes) for ALL scanners. SO make sure you know what your saying be for you say it ( SIR ).

SCPD

QRT
uniden

For those of you who do not believe my statement about Uniden, this is a copy of the email I sent to uniden , they sent me this reply. ..

do you folks repair RS PRO 106 police scanners ?

Our Solution:
Thank you for using our system.
Unfortunately we do not have the ability to service Radio Shack products.

JamesO

Bet if you asked the same question in 2-3 weeks you may get a different answer.

Typical left hand not knowing what the right hand it doing.

UPMan did state they will be supporting other vendors products and likely at a fixed price. This is to increase their revenue and capabilities in the repair depot.

They likely have reverse engineered the competition and have a good idea on how they are built and what parts they use anyway.

The only issue is they may not be able to support the cosmetic and some special parts for the Radio Shack products.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Uniden & RS

Bet if you asked the same question in 2-3 weeks you may get a different answer.

I think we might already be seeing this.

jbxfire's post I quoted indicated he spoke with so body at Uniden and they said the repaired them. Then his next post says he emailed them and somebody else said they didn't.

shadcall

This was posted in one of the state forums and may offer another source for scanner repairs. The link will take you to the home page for G & G Communications. If the link does not work you can type in www.gcomradio.com There is contact information on the home page for mail, phone or email.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.