Uniden "rubber duck" Antenna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

conve36

I recently went from a Radio Shack Pro-164 to a new Uniden BC246T. I used the Radio Shack brand 800Mhz antenna for my countys sheriff EDACS system and also used Radio Shacks telescoping antenna for low bands such as California Highway Patrol. The telescoping did an amazing job and the 800Mhz antenna was "ok".

Since I have started using my new Uniden I have noticed that the stock "rubber duck" antenna that came with it seems to work BETTER than my Radio Shacks antennas. Seems kinda wierd.

Comments?...

af5rn

Hey, I'm right near you in Murrieta. Although I have not done any low band listening with it (not really much of a cop watcher, especially if all they do is run traffic), I would absolutely agree with you on the quality of the Uniden duck performance. It performs every bit as well on 800 as my 800mhz Larson duckie, and does extremely well on VHF-Hi and UHF.

Most of my listening back in Texas (I live both places) is almost exclusively 800, so I pretty much only use the 800 duck just because it is smaller, but for no other reason, because Uniden definitely did something right with this antenna!

Status
Not open for further replies.