Uniden sales in Disney area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordJ

I will be travelling at the end of the year to your Sunny State (Disney) and I am looking at picking up a 996 and 396 to take home with me. Any thoughts on the best store to purchase these items from?

n4voxgill

Silent Key
buy on line and save sales tax and this will give you a chance to program the radio before you go. Sales tax in orlando will be about 35.00 and you can get delivery for less than that.

LordJ

Re: Uniden Sales In Florida - Success!!

Well I am now the proud owner of a 396 and a 996! Yeah for me!. I stopped off at Amateur Electronic Supply and a helpful salesman proudly took my money. I have to save the 996 till Christmas, but I am currently having fun with the 396. I was in the States from Canada and figured this would be the best time to do it.. I am a little suprised at the Belt Clip, just not used to it...not sure if I like it, but really not a big deal...The service at the store was friendly, and patient. I had some trouble with my CC, had to call the CC Company to 'unlock' my card...that much money must have set off the security alarms...oh well. Now to the 396 boards..

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I have the 396 since Feb. I like it alot its cool radio and stuff. I like it better than the pro96 enjoy the radio as much as you can..

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
got my 396 from USAScan but besides AES in Orlando there is Radcom on Robinson St
they are nice people there and have been there a long time, they also carry the antennex line

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
AES Orlando

I wouldn't buy ANYTHING from these guys.

I have NEVER been in a ham store with employees who aren't just UNFRIENDLY - they are UNFRIENDLY TO THE POINT OF BEING RUDE.

take your business to any other ham store other than these people - all they want to do is sit on the phone and take orders in spanish from south america - buyers spending mutli K$.

never heard of radcom tho - i'm going to check them out.

doug

LordJ

Re:aes

While it's plainly obvious that your experience there was bad, mine was anything but, the salesman was polite, patient and struck up a pleasant casual conversation. I didn't have to wait for anyone to get off their chair or phone cause they were to interested in online orders. Having only been in there the once, and dealing with just one salesman, I would definately purchase from again, via online or at the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.