Uniden SC200--AC Adapter Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtscho

Database Admin
I can't find the original AC adapter for my SC200. Would it be OK to use the AC adapter from the BC250D? The voltages are the same (12 V), the polarities match (positive tip, negative barrel), and the plug fits snugly. The SC200 should take 200 mA, but the higher value of 500 mA from the BC250D adapter should be OK, correct? Any other issues I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Concrete1

dtscho said:
I can't find the original AC adapter for my SC200. Would it be OK to use the AC adapter from the BC250D? The voltages are the same (12 V), the polarities match (positive tip, negative barrel), and the plug fits snugly. The SC200 should take 200 mA, but the higher value of 500 mA from the BC250D adapter should be OK, correct? Any other issues I'm missing?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
You should be fine with a slightly higher current AC adapter. .... A circuit in the radio limits the charge current to the batt pack .... This is why a cigarette lighter cord , with it's straight pass thru 12V to your 500 amp car battery does not "blow up" the scanner.....

dtscho

Database Admin
Thanks for the answer. I did some more research on the subject, and decided it was almost certainly "safe" to go ahead and use the BC250D adapter. Worked fine.

Dave

wesct

Concrete1 said:
You should be fine with a slightly higher current AC adapter. .... A circuit in the radio limits the charge current to the batt pack .... This is why a cigarette lighter cord , with it's straight pass thru 12V to your 500 amp car battery does not "blow up" the scanner.....

thats why there is fuses in the fuse box. your lighter socket would never
put out that kind of current!- then again, maybe that cb amp could plug in there....

wesct

Status
Not open for further replies.