Uniden SC230 power switch question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jp523

I bought a refurb SC230 which works well. The issue I have is that I bought it with the intention of installing it in my Jeep and have it switch on with the ignition. The problem is that the power button must be pressed and held to turn the unit on. The scanner retains its memory without batteries, so I could just go without them, but I wanted to install the scanner either in the console or under the seat and run a remote speaker. If I had known about the power button issue, I would have gotten the SX200 which has a power switch incorporated with the volume control. (click!) I had (still have) a Radio Shack Pro-2046 that I had installed in my old truck for years, but it didn't have the PL codes and would get lots of annoying noises on some frequencies, when I would stray from home.. As far as the SC230, I have held down the power button (with no batteries and the power off) and plugged in the adapter and the radio came on. I really don't want to "rig something" to always hold the button. I was thinking of adding a switch to jump the power button, but was hoping for a more elegant solution.. Your thoughts? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.