Uniden Scanner - Exterior House Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

megascanner

Premium Subscriber
I've got the BCD396 scanner radio and now am taking the huge leap of installing an external antenna on the roof. The guy who's doing it suggests a discone antenna. I see several varieties available, from $100 up to $300. I am obviously not transmitting with this unit and will want it for everything from Los Angeles-area police, fire, air and general scanning activity. Which model would you suggest I buy? I've seen the Diamond D3000N, WBD-40 Discone, and the AOR 25-3000 Discone. I'm sure there are others, but what's the best value for the money. It will go on my rooftop of my single-story home. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Well there is also the Diamond D-130J,its sturdy built using stainless steel parts.

I have that antenna and it works good for what I listen,its also held up to the weather here good too.

Clark

External antenna

I've got the BCD396 scanner radio and now am taking the huge leap of installing an external antenna on the roof. The guy who's doing it suggests a discone antenna. I see several varieties available, from $100 up to $300. I am obviously not transmitting with this unit and will want it for everything from Los Angeles-area police, fire, air and general scanning activity. Which model would you suggest I buy? I've seen the Diamond D3000N, WBD-40 Discone, and the AOR 25-3000 Discone. I'm sure there are others, but what's the best value for the money. It will go on my rooftop of my single-story home. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you!
Serch for the AntennaCraft ST-2
The best price I've seen is about $34.00
here AntennaCraft ST2 Scanner Antenna Kit with 50 Foot Cable (ST2) from Solid Signal)

Clark
Venice, CA

Status
Not open for further replies.