Uniden scanner firmware upgrade for rebanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Any word on when there be a firmware, upgrade for bcd-396t for rebanding? A lot of system here oregon are going to be done with rebanding by end of the year??

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I imagine it'll be soon, now that systems are actually making the switch.

Baker845

Hope it is soon, theres all ready two or three system that swicthed and Oregon should be done swich over by end this year...

ww7y

Here in Utah, the major 800Mhz system, UCAN, is about half-way changed over to the rebanded freqs. More sites are being switched daily. I guess they will be totally done within a month.

I have suspected all along that Uniden would drag their feet on the software upgrades. My BC246T will soon become an expensive paperweight, until Uniden comes through with the upgrades.

There are several here that are upgrading to the GRE PSR500/600 which can have custom band plans programmed to handle the rebanding. We know what is going on, and the changes that are being made......COME ON UNIDEN!!! get with the program! You are losing customers.

Baker845

Yea i thought uniden would too. Uniden before you make other new scanner please come out with upgrade for rebanding. There are more 800 mhz systems rebanding and they should have info need to do upgrade.. COME ON UNIDEN ANY DAY NOW!!!!!

Last edited:

DickH

There's many more than that. I think we thought you mentioned Oregon specific systems.

That's what I thought, too.

"Any word on when there be a firmware, upgrade for bcd-396t for rebanding? A lot of system here oregon are going to be done with rebanding by end of the year??"
"Hope it is soon, theres all ready two or three system that swicthed and Oregon should be done swich over by end this year..."

The two posts above infer he was talking about Oregon.

"Yea i that uniden would to,..." And this makes no sense at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.