Uniden Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawker5

Hello all,

Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area that has knowledge on how to program Trunk Tracker Scanners? I need a dummy down version. I want to program in the fire services and police and I am having problems programming it all in.

I would prefer to meet in person and get a lesson or two, willing to pay for your time, or at least some gas money.

Any help would be much appreciated, please email me at mdsentertainment@live.com

Thanks

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

Anyone in the Greater Toronto Area that has knowledge on how to program Trunk Tracker Scanners? I need a dummy down version. I want to program in the fire services and police and I am having problems programming it all in.

I would prefer to meet in person and get a lesson or two, willing to pay for your time, or at least some gas money.

Any help would be much appreciated, please email me at mdsentertainment@live.com

Thanks

Hi. You need to let us know which scanner you are wanting to learn how to program.
Uniden has a bunch of scanners it offers that are all very different to program.
This goes for GRE scanners also.

Uniden makes a scanner, the Home Patrol 1 that is easy to program. You basically use the database here and pick and choose what you want to listen to.

The Uniden XT scanners are harder, it is best to use the software (some free, some pay) to program them. If you are a premium member I think you can directly download data from the Database and load it on to softeware. Even if you dont you can cut and paste the infor here and do it that way.

The GRE PSR800 is sorta like the Home Patrol 1 above but I dont have one.

Basically, you can pay someone to do it but there are those who will help you out and do it for free and teach you how to do it.
Again, if you can use excel files and spreadsheets you can program a scanner using software easily.

Eric

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
FREESCAN (Sixspot Software) can be an option as well for newer DMA model scanners (246 346 bct15 etc). Its free if you can copy/paste from radioreference... or buy a premium subscription to radioreference and you can IMPORT directly into freescan.. then upload to your scanner

Last edited:

Freebase

The sticky at the top of the Ontario forum page is very helpful. I do all my programming by hand (have done TPS, Peel, York, Fleetnet) and have never had a problem by following the sticky directions. You just need to prepare by having your frequencies and talk groups ready.

Dave

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

What scanner do you program by hand?

Freebase

What scanner do you program by hand?[/QUOTE]

Uniden BC296D and BCD396T. Pro-92.

It's a bit labour intensive but I learn to do all scanners by hand before using the computer, in case I need to change or add something when I'm away from home.

Status
Not open for further replies.