Uniden Scanner Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mkstretch

I just picked up the BC346XTC. It's a little different than I'm used to. It came loaded with a bunch of states programmed in it. Can I delete these? Or should I keep them. Also how would I block them when scanning? Also what is the best way to program it. I am doing it manually. I create a new system for the police in my area and then create different groups for the different police precincts and areas. Thanks

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I just picked up the BC346XTC. It's a little different than I'm used to. It came loaded with a bunch of states programmed in it. Can I delete these? Or should I keep them. Also how would I block them when scanning? Also what is the best way to program it. I am doing it manually. I create a new system for the police in my area and then create different groups for the different police precincts and areas. Thanks

Welcome to RR. I recommend FreeScan to program and/or control your new scanner. The easiest way is to obtain a Premium Membership here and download the frequencies and systems to FreeScan then upload to your scanner or you can copy/paste the info from the database.

The pre-programming is usually outdated as it was probably written when the BC346XT first came out. You can delete them (they can be easily restored if need be) with FreeScan by checking "Erase All Systems and Settings" when uploading, or you can do a master reset to clear your scanner first.

Press and hold 2,9, and Hold, power on the scanner to re-initialize the Memory. When it asks do you wish to restore the preloaded systems press the . / No key. WARNING This will erase any personal programming you may have in your scanner.

This site will be of great help as well :

Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual

The biggest issue with new users seems to be the use of "Quick Keys". Assign quick keys to your system/site and the groups to allow quick enable / disable capabilities.

Last edited:

pgnsucks

I will second getting a membership even though mine has expired I am going to re-up.

Before I signed up the last time I had programmed a system with a computer. That didn't work to good however just getting membership and downloading the system it worked great. The site alone has a lot of information that people have spent time researching so I don't have too.

$15 for 6 months or $30 for a year I think it's worth the expense.

Mkstretch

Thanks guys! How do I get my scanner hooked up to my computer? I don't have a serial port. Ok so if i become a premium member I can just download the frequencies on here and put them on the scanner?
Thanks!

Mkstretch

I used freescan to download the file and program my scanner. The only thing is that I found that the file is not catorgorized well. It has public works and other stuff mixed in with police and fire frequencies.

teufler

you can use Freescan, then the EZGRAB funtion and you can program that way. Yes the 396xt it a whole nother cat in programming. Read the articles , they do make the "mud" become alittle clearer. I think I tinkered with my settings for a month. what part of the county you in?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You don't need to use the EZ-Grab function. You are a premium subscriber so you can use the RR import function from our db to do much of the work for you. It's fully described in the FreeScan user guide.

We have an extensive wiki article with lots of links to help you along. Your question about how to connect the scanner to the PC is answered in our Connecting Scanners via USB article, and we have other links to our DMA FAQ that you will find helpful. There are also links to the FreeScan user guide here...(blue text is a link)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

Mkstretch

You don't need to use the EZ-Grab function. You are a premium subscriber so you can use the RR import function from our db to do much of the work for you. It's fully described in the FreeScan user guide.

We have an extensive wiki article with lots of links to help you along. Your question about how to connect the scanner to the PC is answered in our Connecting Scanners via USB article, and we have other links to our DMA FAQ that you will find helpful. There are also links to the FreeScan user guide here...(blue text is a link)

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

HTH...Mike

I was able to get a serial to USB adapter. I also added the RR file to my scanner. The only problem I have is the. RR file is not grouped well. It has DPW mixed in with police and fire.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If this is the system you're trying to import...

Nassau County Public Safety Trunking System, Nassau County, New York - Scanner Frequencies

(if this isn't the system, please let us know which one you are trying to use)

The import screen has a few tools there to allow you to select what groups in the database you want to import. There is also a 'skip tags' feature that can further limit your selections.

This is also defined in the user guide.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.