Uniden Scanner Mods & Accessories - SDS100 Internal GPS Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhcphoto

Yes. I have a tracking number from Reyax for the shipment of flash chips, but it doesn't yet show an estimated delivery date. I will post more when I know more.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I know this sucks for everyone affected.
Thank you for the reply and the update!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Jon, I just paid for an SDS100 GPS mod........ Should I wait before shipping the scanner to you?
That's up to you. It's going to be a few weeks after I get the chips before I will be able to work through my backlog, so if you want to hold on to your scanner until I've made a dent in it, that is totally understandable.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I apologize for my absence lately, my girlfriend had something sort of like a stroke and spent nearly a week in the hospital. She's doing a lot better, but is still having issues walking and doing various other things without help, so I haven't even looked at my workbench in almost 2 weeks. I'll be doing that later today, getting caught up on orders, and looking through my work queue for stuff that doesn't involve GPS modules.

dhcphoto

I apologize for my absence lately, my girlfriend had something sort of like a stroke and spent nearly a week in the hospital. She's doing a lot better, but is still having issues walking and doing various other things without help, so I haven't even looked at my workbench in almost 2 weeks. I'll be doing that later today, getting caught up on orders, and looking through my work queue for stuff that doesn't involve GPS modules.

Very sorry to hear this, I am sending prayers for her recovery.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Thank you to everyone sending support and well wishes, here, via PM, and email. There are too many to thank individually, but I really appreciate you all.

Some miscellaneous updates:
My girlfriend is doing somewhat better. The initial symptoms were very similar to a stroke, but bilateral, rather than mostly on one side. She's mostly back to normal mentally, but is still having a lot of difficulty walking, and require a lot of assistance she normally wouldn't, and is having frequent episodes similar to absence seizures.

The chips from Reyax arrived, and I installed a couple, programmed the modules, and now need to let them sit for a few days to verify that they keep their settings even after the backup battery dies.

Reyax has a new model GNSS module available that does concurrent GPS, GLONASS, and BeiDou, but it's 1.8V TTL only (meaning I'm going to have to get creative interfacing with it), its RFI characteristics are a complete unknown, and I don't know if it can be programmed to work around the Uniden GPS firmware bug. I have two on order, and will do some testing once they arrive.

I'm mostly not at home for now, so product orders for battery clips and such are being delayed. I've added a notice to my site so that is made clear to anyone placing an order.

Once again, thank you to everyone.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Update:
I got the flash chips from Reyax, and I was able to install them in a few modules for testing and let them sit for several days. The good news is that installing the chip seems to be the correct fix for the settings loss problem, so I installed chips on all of the modules i have on hand.

My girlfriend has some more appointments, so I'm only at home overnight. I'll get some orders out while I'm here, but I won't be able to start on my backlog until maybe this weekend.

rdhamil

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the July update Jonathan. Has there been any update so far in August or now September? So far all I have been notified of is my Pay Pal charge of $45 on July 16, 2021. Is there anything I need to do, or just wait for you to catch up?

Waiting for info on when to expect my STS200 GPS dongle? So far I have just received info my PayPal has been charged.

upstatesc

Premium Subscriber
Not to hijack the thread, but what type of car mount/holders do you guys use for the SDS100 with the GPS mod? I had one that worked fine before, but of course it relied on the belt clip attachment that is no longer there.

kb3isq

Premium Subscriber
Not to hijack the thread, but what type of car mount/holders do you guys use for the SDS100 with the GPS mod? I had one that worked fine before, but of course it relied on the belt clip attachment that is no longer there.
Look at the soft nylon case at Scanner Master it is $26,95, It is worth it as it has the belt clip button plus it protects the radio form damage, I have one and it is great, I cut the clear plastic window from it to allow easier control.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Hi Jon,
Are you able to accept warranty returns (SD200) to fix the GPS modules? Let me know if I can send mine back, as it stopped working.
Greg
I have some extra flash chips to retrofit GPS modules that have lost their settings because they don't have one. I have 2 or 3 SDS200 externals in stock, but I can't get more modules.

Thanks for the July update Jonathan. Has there been any update so far in August or now September? So far all I have been notified of is my Pay Pal charge of $45 on July 16, 2021. Is there anything I need to do, or just wait for you to catch up?

Waiting for info on when to expect my STS200 GPS dongle? So far I have just received info my PayPal has been charged.
PM or email me (jonathan@unidenscanners.com) with the email address you used for the PayPal order, and I will look into your order status. I thought I had shipped all the SDS200 external orders, but I may have missed yours (Paypal doesn't let you search orders by product).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
In other news, my girlfriend is doing much better, I'm starting to make a dent in my backlog, and I'm current on shipping orders, except for the items referenced in my previous post. And there is one other notable thing going on in my life that isn't scanner or radio related, so I created a separate thread to discuss it in the Tavern:

upstatesc

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone with the internal GPS mod for the SDS100 encountered an error where the GPS light starts flashing from Green to Red and back again constantly? When I turn the scanner on it will work fine for a minute or so, then the light starts flashing red/green/red/green, etc.

Cjg209

Has anyone heard from Johnathan lately? I’ve emailed him multiple times about my scanner I’ve sent him with no response…Hey Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.