Uniden Scanner Mods & Accessories - SDS100 Internal GPS Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjg209

I can emphasize but he’s sitting on my $1000 investment for months without a basic attempt of communication. This community co-signed Jonathan and I trusted his name. I don’t even want the mod anymore.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
I can emphasize but he’s sitting on my $1000 investment for months without a basic attempt of communication. This community co-signed Jonathan and I trusted his name. I don’t even want the mod anymore.

I know how you feel. I sent him my SDS100 with the CSJ issue and he received it on Oct 12th. I called him that night to verify receipt and talked to him about 30 mins. He said that he might be able to get it out by the end of the month. Well the end of the month came and went and no scanner. I've called numerous times and his phone just rings till it goes to voice mail. I know he or someone sees there are missed calls. I even left him a voice mail telling him to just send it back and well try again later. Nothing. I don't know. Let's see to replace the scanner is $649.00 the two upgrades are $114.40 the SMA to BNC adapter I bought from him is $10.00 and $50.00 to fix the unit in the first place. $16.00 for shipping to him. He's got $839.40 of my money tied up with nothing to show for it. I'm gonna give it two more weeks if I still don't hear anything I have no choice but to consider he has absconded with my radio. If I wrong to feel that way then I'm sorry. No phone call, no email no nothing. He could put something up on his PayPal site as to what's going on. NOTHING!!!!!!

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100 that was going to go to Jon for the GPS mod, but after seeing these reports that he has abandoned his customers, kept their scanners, and cut off communication with them.... I'll give that a definite pass. Too bad, he had earned the trust of many here with praise and recommendations, but apparently chose to turn his back on the situation.

He seemed to indicate that his personal problems were under control here:
In other news, my girlfriend is doing much better,
And he has now turned his time, attention, and efforts to a new project:
Lately, I've been focusing most of my writer-fu on finishing Pathway to Perdition, the first book in the series, because it's now officially slated for release on September 11 of next year, and Amazon will be distinctly unhappy with me if I miss my deadline.

For those of you already caught in this unfortunate circumstance, I hope he takes the high road, and at least returns other people's property to them.

Perhaps his personal situations have changed, but a simple communication with his trusting customers to that effect, would have been the proper thing to do.

Last edited:

900mhz

I know how you feel. I sent him my SDS100 with the CSJ issue and he received it on Oct 12th. I called him that night to verify receipt and talked to him about 30 mins. He said that he might be able to get it out by the end of the month. Well the end of the month came and went and no scanner. I've called numerous times and his phone just rings till it goes to voice mail. I know he or someone sees there are missed calls. I even left him a voice mail telling him to just send it back and well try again later. Nothing. I don't know. Let's see to replace the scanner is $649.00 the two upgrades are $114.40 the SMA to BNC adapter I bought from him is $10.00 and $50.00 to fix the unit in the first place. $16.00 for shipping to him. He's got $839.40 of my money tied up with nothing to show for it. I'm gonna give it two more weeks if I still don't hear anything I have no choice but to consider he has absconded with my radio. If I wrong to feel that way then I'm sorry. No phone call, no email no nothing. He could put something up on his PayPal site as to what's going on. NOTHING!!!!!!
ditto here. I sent him a SDS100 for the same symptoms in July. Delivery confirmation shows delivery. I give him 2 weeks. I will be contacting law enforcement in Stephens City, VA to file a formal complaint.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
Maybe he is in jail again :unsure:

I never thought about that. What's so strange about the whole thing is that I called him the night it was delivered and we talked about 30 mins. No indication whatsoever that he would not be able to deliver. I've got to go right thru there tomorrow or Thursday I think I'll stop by the PD and see what can be done about it. I'll let everyone know what I found out.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
CALL THE DOGS OFF. . . . I HAVE FINALLY FOUND JON! ! ! ! ! !

Everybody I have finally been able to get in touch with Jon. After a 25 min conversation with him I feel a lot better. Without going into a lot of detail, I am satisfied that he was sincere with his explanation as to what has been going on. As a matter of fact he is working on my radio right now and I will pick it up tomorrow when I go through there on my way to New Hampshire. As soon as he gets one of his computers to function properly he is going to update his PayPal page to reflect the current situation and also check in here on the forums and try to make amends here as well. He is still in business and it will probably take a while to get over this crappy episode, but I feel confident that everyone will be treated right in the end.

Last edited:

900mhz

CALL THE DOGS OFF. . . . I HAVE FINALLY FOUND JON! ! ! ! ! !

Everybody I have finally been able to get in touch with Jon. After a 25 min conversation with him I feel a lot better. Without going into a lot of detail, I am satisfied that he was sincere with his explanation as to what has been going on. As a matter of fact he is working on my radio right now and I will pick it up tomorrow when I go through there on my way to New Hampshire. As soon as he gets one of his computers to function properly he is going to update his PayPal page to reflect the current situation and also check in here on the forums and try to make amends here as well. He is still in business and it will probably take a while to get over this crappy episode, but I feel confident that everyone will be treated right in the end.
Keep us posted, please. Thank you.

chill30240

Premium Subscriber
OK here we go. . . . . .

I got a call from Jon on Wednesday morning about my radio. He said it was ready and working perfectly. I drove to his house since it is on my way to my next job. When I pulled up he was standing in the driveway with it and by golly it was just like a brand new one again. He even replaced the battery door clip for me which I didn't find till the next day. After speaking with him and finally meeting with him in person, I would not hesitate to send my other new SDS100 to him for the same repair should the same thing happen to it. I know there are some of you that are extremely hesitant about doing business with Jon after this and it is perfectly understandable. Some of you will will say that "yeah he will say that because he's got his radio back already." There is not a one of you out there that know me. I can tell you that I don't have a financial stake or anything else in this business. I have been dealing with the public and individuals for the better part of 36 years and I strongly feel that this episode should be put behind us and move forward. I don't sugar coat things. I don't know how. I can only tell it like it is and that everyone that has radios with Jon will be done right when all is said and done. I don't know how many radios that he has fixed and given expert advise on the operation of, but everyone here that has dealt with him either on here or having your radio fixed the "right" way is better off because of it. The unknown is a scary place. . . . . . I'll venture there again should the need arise.

cofossio

Premium Subscriber
Just got the shipping notification for my 436hp with GPS mod. I talked to Jon months ago when this just started happening and after our conversation knew that he was trustworthy. Its unfortunate that it took so long but knowing the situation with the GPS supply made it less stressful. It would have been nice to be updated on what is happening but in the end as long as it works I am happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.