Uniden Scanner Mods & Accessories - SDS100 Internal GPS Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega-TI

Ω
Premium Subscriber
I notice it's been nearly a month since he's logged into RR, of course he could be lurking because of all the hubbub.

j.gif

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
The local police made contact with Jonathan Wienke on Friday, January 7, 2022, around 10:30 am central time. He answered the door, and the deputy requested that he contact me. When asked if he needed my information, he declined and said he's got it already.

No further action by law enforcement.

It's now 12:30 pm Central time, and I still haven't received a call, email, or other communications from Jon.

i700plus

He responded to PayPal on my case yesterday but still hasn't responded to my emails. Interesting.

If he is lurking I hope he knows how many people are pissed at him.Screenshot 2022-01-10 115915.png

jpjohn

Premium Subscriber
Too bad this is happening as Jon is a very talented individual who did great work.

But I certainly understand the frustration by many of you.......no response or contact isn't a good thing.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Just a thought has Jon become overwhelmed with work and family problems and may have become a little embarrassed with all that is happened or happening? lets say it takes 2 days for what he does if and it is a big if he has 100 scanners sitting at his place you are looking at 200 day turn around. I have not spoken to Jon in months but just my thoughts as we have many lurkers here that may have sent scanners for upgrades or repairs to Jon.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
NEWS FLASH! Yesterday I received a PayPal refund of $80.00, and today my SDS100 with everything I included to Jon Wienke has been returned. The radio came USPS Priority Mail with signature required.

I am hopeful those of you who have had issues with your radios and Jon Wienke will get them back soon.

Please keep us posted!
5096E6FB-0DC1-4A1D-AC63-BF966A5363E8.jpeg

RRR

Premium Subscriber
What't that white thing where the 'tanner goes?

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
1st of all, what's a "tanner goes?"

It wasn't broken. It was sent in for internal GPS installation. It came back to me exactly how I shipped it to Jon. I hooked it all up to my power supply, amplified speaker, and ST-2 antenna. It's working exactly the way (excellent) it was when I shipped it out in May 2021.

Robert721

Premium Subscriber
1st of all, what's a "tanner goes?"

It wasn't broken. It was sent in for internal GPS installation. It came back to me exactly how I shipped it to Jon. I hooked it all up to my power supply, amplified speaker, and ST-2 antenna. It's working exactly the way (excellent) it was when I shipped it out in May 2021.
Did you just request it be returned? Or is he no longer doing the gps installs?

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
It has been a week, and my PayPal was refunded in full, and my SDS100 came in a well-packed box. It was sent USPS Priority to my address. Everything that I shipped to him was returned in perfect condition. I connected the antenna jack with my Scan-Tenna ST-2, and it works exactly like it did when I sent it out on May 27, 2021.

HAS ANYONE ELSE RECEIVED THEIR RADIO(S) BACK FROM HIM?

I didn't see any new posts on this forum or another associated thread since I posted the day my SDS100 was returned.
Shipping Package Label.jpgIMG_5694.JPG

900mhz

Nope. If I were Jon, I would address these issues ASAP, if he values his life. Yeah, we all know about his time in federal prison. He has pissed off far too many people.

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Nope. If I were Jon, I would address these issues ASAP, if he values his life. he has pissed off far too many people.

~Touche

Make you feel good insinuating a threat on someone's life?

Sit down.

900mhz

Well....that was unnecessary.
Advice...if it doesn't involve you, shut the **** up. I am not shy at this point to show the fraud that Jon Wienke is.

Status
Not open for further replies.