Uniden Scanner Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I currently have a Radio Shack Pro 97 that I'm using but I have an old Uniden Bearcat Mobile Scanner that I haven't used in awhile, It works great on reception wise except for two things. One the wire that connects to the BNC on the inside is broken, That can be soldered, If I fix this the next problem is that the BNC connection on the radio is wore down and the antenna won't fit secuely on the radio, However, this is a pain while carrying with me BUT if I'm going to put it in the car and leave it in the car on a bracket and not be moving it, Is there a way that I can take the antenna and put on the BNC and fix it somehow where it will stay on and still work as long as it's not being moved back and forth? It would have direct power connections so there would be no reason it would have to be moved out of the bracket at anytime as long as there was a way that the antenna wire would stay on the bnc connection. Like I said the antenna wire can be soldered inside and that's not a problem, The biggest problem is keeping the antenna wire securly on the radio that has the bnc connector wore down to a nub but if I can do this then I can still use it in the car all the time with no problem and not have to take my good one with me all the time.! Does anyone have any suggestions as how I can keep the cable on and secure? Tape, Glue, Rubber Band, Anything?

Any help or suggestions with this are appreciated, Thanks For Viewing and Suggestions...

Brian Tritch

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It sounds like the best solution, seeing as you have to resolder the connecting lead from the BNC anyway, is a new BNC connector. As long as you can rescue any mounting hardware, it shouldn't be that difficult.

I don't know where you'd get one, however....73s Mike

btritch

ka3jjz said:
I don't know where you'd get one, however....73s Mike

that's a good one, ebay maybe?

We have a radio shop here just about a mile down the road, I may stop in there and see if he can order one from somewhere but I could fix that and just leave it in the car and have one for both places.. Sounds like a plan to me! Thanks for the suggestion! I'd thought about that but I didn't know where to get one but I may stop by there tomarrow.Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.