Uniden Scanner Repair Center Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I need to repair an older BCD 536HP scanner, backlight issue and clock issue is this information valid for spending the unit for repair ?

Repair

If not can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank You.

Tony Mondaro
Harrison, NJ

marksmith

There is a thread in the forum here that has a lot of info on this and links for exactly where to go to get a shipping label specific to these issues. You cannot just send. You need to register for the repair and then they will email you a shipping label when they are ready for your radio.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

marksmith

Your first inquiry dealt with a specific program at Uniden for repairs under warranty for a specific radio.

For general non-warranty repairs I assume this would be the way to go. Understand there is a standard minimum charge, so you may want to evaluate the after repair value of the radio, especially if it us an older non-digital radio, as it may be cheaper to just buy a new one.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

mondaro

Feed Provider
That's correct, I have other models that need repair and was no aware the repair campaign was still valid,
Just want to make sure before I start sending units to an address that does not exist My thinking was here would be a great place to start. I registered my BCD 536 last night to get on the list for repair.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.