Uniden scanner that's "oh about 14 years old"

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicTaco

I work in retail and I see lots of wierd stuff. Today I helped a guy that came in asking for "a battery pack" (his words, not mine) for an old Uniden scanner that's "oh about 14 years old." I don't know anything about the scanners that Uniden used to make; do these things take "packs"? I showed him the batteries we had, the cheap alkalines, the lithiums, the rechargables, and the only "packs" that we sell--they're for cordless phones. He didn't know exactly what it was he needed, but he just had the model number, which he didn't divuldge. I suggested that he bring the scanner in the next time he came in. If we don't have it, we'll just send him to the Radio Crap up the street.

Just wondering... what power sources did handheld scanners of this era use?

I'm actually not postitive it is a handheld--people come up with weird names for things. My favorite example is how people refer to game consoles as "the game." 'Do you have the Wii game?' 'Which one?' :D

mancow

Database Admin
If it's a pack it could be a 100 or 200xlt. They had slide on packs like a Motorola MT1000.

D

DaveNF2G

BC-235 and BC-245 took packs.

They were proprietary Uniden packs, meaning that they were oddly shaped so as to fit into the battery compartment.

garys

Premium Subscriber
There are still some available on Ebay. The 250 and 296 packs will work, but the charge time is much longer.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.