Uniden Scanners and Motorola Shuffled Band Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehepner

Interesting finding that may be unique to me, but I was up there today and noticed that occasionally (and it does not matter which display mode I was in) some of the Talk groups would show their text tags but not the TGID # or the voice channel that was in use. Not a huge deal, since the text tag is visible, but I do like to know the voice channel and tgid #.

Eric

pto

Feed Provider
The Grundy Shuffle

I've done a 996XT, it is OK.
It does seem to miss just a bit of the start of a transmission though
but not an issue, at least it works!

The audio is lower and seems a bit weaker
compared to the other trunk systems in the area.
But, the system has not been optimized yet so,
these minor issues may get better..

For those that want to listen, the system is online.

Phil

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
DonS, a Win 500 CC Dump log was sent to Your email.
Let Me know if that is good or if another is required.

pto

Feed Provider
246 T Shuffle

I put the band plan in My 246 T model today and it is shuffling just fine after a firmware update.
I set it to control channel only, and turned the system and channel hold times to zero.

Jake68111

I have programmed my GRE500 with Don's line up in the GRE postings and i get the CC=99%, i see the CC when a TG comes up but i do not see the VC being used only a "flicker" and get NO audio on the TG....If it matters the 851.825 freqy is not in the lineup of rebanded freqys with a offset.....

Hi RoninJoliet!

I've been listening to my various scanners in Grundy County (in town Morris) for years. Today I logged on to RR and learned that the system for the Grundy County TRS has changed somewhat. I quoted this post because I get the same thing when programming the, I believe, "rebanded" freq's., into my scanner.

I would love to help try figure this out with all of you but unfortunately my current scanner is "out of date" for this listening area. I am assuming that my Pro-97 is pretty much as useless as the plastic its put in. Is that statement true and if so, I assume there is nothing I will be able to do about it besides buy a new "up to date" scanner?

I know you listen in the area I am in and have read NUMEROUS posts from you around RR.

Your wisdow is appreciated!

Thanks,
Jake

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Thank You "Jake for the kind words but im only "one" in the group that had knowledge on how to figure out the "bandplans"...Most of the credit belongs to "DonS", Phil in Morris and "Upman" from Uniden....You need a scanner like the Uniden-346XT,396XT, GRE500, RS106 or the base models to enter the new "bandplans" printed on the Grundy Co data-base in this web site....The PRO97 is not up to date....

Jake68111

Thanks for the response Ron! I can see that it takes some degree of "experience" when it comes to figuring stuff out like that. Hats off to all of you!

Well, I'm off to save my nickels and dimes for the "new age" in scanning hardware! :)

Thanks again and I'll see you all around!

Jake

Jake68111

Wirelessly posted (TELECA-/2.0 (BREW 3.1.5; U; EN-US; SAMSUNG; SPH-M800; Teleca/Q05A/INT) MMP/2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Hi Phil!

I think I might try that. I'll have to dig around for my cable and see if I can find some time to mess with that. Worth a try and I will definately post my findings once/if I get that far.

Thanks for the useful advice that I had completely forgot about. Ha! :)

Jake

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
ARC300, and programs like it, can handle the rebanding for the other scanners it supports (PSR-300, 400, Pro-163, Pro-164), but the 97 and 2055 cannot be modified in this way.

73 Mike

Jake68111

ARC300, and programs like it, can handle the rebanding for the other scanners it supports (PSR-300, 400, Pro-163, Pro-164), but the 97 and 2055 cannot be modified in this way.

73 Mike

Hi Mike!

I am assuming you are familiar with the scanner and the software that goes along with it. I'll just take your word for it and not hang onto a false hope. But my 97 is older and I do need, at minimum, a digital scanner for my area....... It just sucks that they changed what they had in place. You'd almost think they did it to put a kabosh to the scanner enthusiast. Why else would they do it? Does the radio systems really work better then they did, before the switch, if that was their excuse? I smell a fish!!!!!

Thanks for the information,
Jake

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Im not sure i could say that the newly rebanded systems sound or work better than before the rebanding but because of the cell phone company agreeing with the FCC to trade freqys they "Joliet, Will Co, Grundy Co" and all other 800mgz system "HAD" to reband...It just added to programming scanners different...We are just lucky that the scanner manufacturers put new menu's in the radios to comply....Mr. Opitz "Uniden Rep" and GRE's DonS and "Wayne h" from rr.com gave us great help....

shawnerz

Premium Subscriber
OK, I have a question: how does the handset know which base/channel spacing/offset to use when it is assign a channel to go to?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
The handset/radio is programmed by the trunked system administrator and the radio is tuned from the control channel data. More information about how trunked systems work can be found in the Wiki in the link at the top of this page.

irishm6

Ron, yoiu have helped me in the past and i am having a bear of a time reprogramming this thing. I have a uniden bearcat BC898T, trying to program the minooka, fire, police and all from Grundy county. i cannot figure this out, can u help with a step by step? Any help is greatly appreciated.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The step by step for the "Rebanded Motororola Shuffle System" is much to long of a process to print out...On a 898t you first need the newest firmware =V1.60 in the scanner from the Uniden site....You need to go to the Grundy Co database , install the system with new rebanded freqys and install the "custom info for the system...It would not work in my 898t , it works great in the new scanners 396xt, 996xt, GRE500/600 with the same necessary info....You can scan the FD in Minooka, Grundy Co as there still in the VHF band found in the ILL-Database section on this site....

EFALLING

Premium Subscriber
shuffled band plan

Hello Ron -
I'm new to the forum, but have been familiar with scanning for a while. I have a 996XT and i recently found this post. I have been attempting to lock onto grundy's shuffled band plan and have had no sucess. I uploaded the "custom band plan" into the 996xt , and could not hear anything. If i hit the hold button, i can hear the CC, and if i toggle around on the other grundy frequencies, i can sometimes hear voice traffic, but not with talkgroup ID attached. When i am scanning, i hear nothing. I am sure this is because of the shifted band plan. Have there been any updates to this system since your post in april? Or maybe im missing a key step?. - any help you can throw my way would be apprieciated - Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.