Uniden Scanners On Figerhut.com!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Was looking at uniden's website for authorized dealers, scrolling though the dealers I found Figerhut.com it's like an online catalog where you can buy many different products! Including Uniden scanners, looks like you can pay for them monthly, but you need there credit account or something......

Anyway check it out guys!

Subliminal87

How exactly does this fingerhut work? I got approved. I am really REALLY, tempted to pick up a 396xt or 996xt. I'm still wanting a portable though. Maybe a 996xt for now, then a 436xt late this year when my county goes to P25.

Now if they'd throw a 436 on there I'd click buy instantly.

If you order something from them, do you pay until it's paid off then it ships? Or does it ship then you pay?

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
How exactly does this fingerhut work? I got approved. I am really REALLY, tempted to pick up a 396xt or 996xt. I'm still wanting a portable though. Maybe a 996xt for now, then a 436xt late this year when my county goes to P25.

If you order something from them, do you pay until it's paid off then it ships? Or does it ship then you pay?

Buying from Fingerhut is just like using a credit card. You buy, they ship. You enjoy your merchandise and make monthly payments, which are actually quite reasonable.

I've been a customer of FH for many years. Don't buy much from them anymore, but I did buy one of my HP-1's from them when I had an "e-coupon" for 20% off my total purchase. Saved $100 that way.

Hope this helps some.

:)

NYG

Based on their rates and shipping code, if I read the terms correctly, you will pay $548.71 for a $429.99 scanner. That's if you pay the minimum payment of $28.99 over the lifetime of the loan.

Subliminal87

Buying from Fingerhut is just like using a credit card. You buy, they ship. You enjoy your merchandise and make monthly payments, which are actually quite reasonable.

I've been a customer of FH for many years. Don't buy much from them anymore, but I did buy one of my HP-1's from them when I had an "e-coupon" for 20% off my total purchase. Saved $100 that way.

Hope this helps some.

:)

Thanks! I'll have to look for a coupon code too!

Based on their rates and shipping code, if I read the terms correctly, you will pay $548.71 for a $429.99 scanner. That's if you pay the minimum payment of $28.99 over the lifetime of the loan.

Thanks,
I would be paying more than the minimum though.

Edit: Found a Coupon code, $50 off. hmm.

Last edited:

lost_in_maine

I bought 2 HP-1's from Fingerhut....I emailed them about 2 months ago, and asked about adding the x36 line, and received no response..
Since then, they added the 396/996 XT's.
I been buying stuff from them since the 80's

Subliminal87

I bought 2 HP-1's from Fingerhut....I emailed them about 2 months ago, and asked about adding the x36 line, and received no response..
Since then, they added the 396/996 XT's.
I been buying stuff from them since the 80's

This is where I am going to order my 396xt from later this week. Still ehh about it. My county is going phase 1. Two counties next to us are going phase 2, everywhere I am going this summer is phase 2.

lost_in_maine

One thing about buying from them...interest rate is a little steep..25%
But payments are reasonable...
an HP-1 is about 33 bucks a month
One you become an established customer, you get print catalogs, and will get deferred payments on stuff, usually 3-4 months.....

Subliminal87

One thing about buying from them...interest rate is a little steep..25%
But payments are reasonable...
an HP-1 is about 33 bucks a month
One you become an established customer, you get print catalogs, and will get deferred payments on stuff, usually 3-4 months.....

Yeah, I've gotten catalogs from them but always threw them out.

Yeah reading the payments it would be alittle up there but I wouldn't be paying the minimum. Instead more like double.

Subliminal87

Well I ordered a 396xt. First digital scanner ever.

I found a 20% off coupon. It expires today. I paid $360 for it. Hopefully it's worth it!! Next year I'll pick up a 436.

Subliminal87

I keep thinking about this. I hope they get the 536 before December or so.

I wasn't going to get it, I wanted the 436. But the 536 does seem nice. Maybe I'll find another 20% off coupon code. Would be great!

Subliminal87

Just an update for anyone, I contacted Fingerhut today. Not sure if they will have the new ones but they did say this::

[Visitor] Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP and Uniden Bearcat BCD536HP
[Sandy] Let me check that for you.
[Visitor] You guys currently have their older models.
[Sandy] Okay.
[Sandy] We don't have the exact date of when we will be having the item.
[Sandy] You can check back 4 to 6 weeks to check status of the item.
[Sandy] Is there anything else I can help you with?
[Visitor] Ok, thanks! Nope that's all.
[Sandy] You’re welcome. Thank you for using Fingerhut’s Webchat Service. Have a nice day!

So maybe 4-6 weeks?

kb8rvp

I have noticed the only Digital Trunking scanner that have quite often is the Uniden HomePatrol.

Mike

N8IAA

Well I ordered a 396xt. First digital scanner ever.

I found a 20% off coupon. It expires today. I paid $360 for it. Hopefully it's worth it!! Next year I'll pick up a 436.

You do realize that the 396XT will handle your county system?
Lancaster county is deploying a Phase I system. The state of PA is deploying a Phase I system also.
You won't be needing one of the x36HP scanners.
Larry

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
So people really do buy from Fingerhut! I thought my wife was just crazier than I was!
My wife was a frequent Fingerhut shopper. I've bought a few things from there, including a HP-1.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Express via "Tap-A-Talk"

Status
Not open for further replies.