Uniden Scanners Show Up At Radio Shack

BC72-XLT
BC898T
BC246T
BCD396T

Don't get too excited. Looking at their prices, someones smoking crack! :roll:

MacombMonitor

Dubbin said:
And this is like the 3rd or 4th thread about this in the last week ;)

DOH! You're right...didn't see the others for some reason (old age). Sorry. :wink:

KME507

Yeah right, Rat Shack is a rip off..esp with the Uniden Scanners. You would have to be a total idiot to buy a Uniden product from them without emptying your wallet.

VintageJon

Well, several years ago I bought a Uniden-made Pro 91 from fav RS and it was a good scanner and stil has some uses here.
I only bought it because it took regular AA rechargable batteries rather than the usual Uniden "battery pack".

Still a good unit for VHF/UHF Analog...

-Jon

STiMULi

VintageJon said:
Well, several years ago I bought a Uniden-made Pro 91 from fav RS and it was a good scanner and stil has some uses here.
I only bought it because it took regular AA rechargable batteries rather than the usual Uniden "battery pack".

Still a good unit for VHF/UHF Analog...

-Jon

This thread is not a slam against Uniden products. It is a slam against RS selling Uniden with an unbelievable markup.

Enjoy your scanner

AVL

the rs in my town is defintly high priced compared to the the other shop that i go to birches commuations they are a ceritfied uniden dealer that told me rs is high priced so i bought my bct 8 from and found out that i saved $100 i plan on getting my next uniden soon and it wont be from rs. i do have a rs hand held triple trunk and the bnc come loose so i guess quality isnt their strongpoint either

n4voxgill

Silent Key
radio shack is using the list price that uniden put on the scanners. They don't plan on selling many, it just makes their scanners look better. Get on uniden for setting such a high list price.

Radio Shack regularly has their scanners on sale. When was the last time you saw uniden putting a scanner on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.