Uniden SDK for BR330T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostdog19

Is there a publically available SDK (Software Development Kit) available from Uniden for the BR330T? I just ordered my scanner and have been seeing that there are a few options for software, but I'd like to see if I can write my own. I've done some searching and came up empty. Thanks.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
lostdog19 said:
Thanks. Not quite was I was looking for, but probably as good as it'll get. Now I just hope my scanner gets here soon so I can try it out!
Since communicating with Uniden radios just involves sending and receiving signals from the serial port on the radio, there is nothing to put in a "SDK" other than supplying the various commands and acknowledgements the radio accepts and sends. All of that is in the referenced download from Uniden.

lostdog19

AZScanner said:
That's really all Uniden will give you.

What language are you using? In VB, you can communicate with the scanner using the MSComm32 control. VB.net works a bit differently - I haven't been motivated enough yet to figure it out.

Have fun!
-AZ

I'll most likely be using C# with the .NET Framework v2.0, as it contains a SerialPort class which will simplify the communication. Not sure what all I'll try and implement (mostly just for experimenting), as I haven't used a scanner in around 12 years, and my new one is currently in UPS' hands.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
lostdog19 said:
I'll most likely be using C# with the .NET Framework v2.0, as it contains a SerialPort class which will simplify the communication. Not sure what all I'll try and implement (mostly just for experimenting), as I haven't used a scanner in around 12 years, and my new one is currently in UPS' hands.

Oooh C#... nice. I really should learn it, maybe then I'd be able to understand the code snippets I get once in a while from rfmobile...LOL.. but everytime I try I end up not having either the time or the ambition to finish. Or both. Someday...

A tip on the unidens that may save you some frustration is that some commands require a query to get information back and some just provide it on their own. For example, there's a way to get the scanner to report back whenever an ID search hit happens. I'm sure it sounded like a good idea on paper but in reality it can be a real PITA, because the scanner doesn't stop and think "Hey you know what, I'm right in the middle of sending back a response to the LCD command, I should wait". It just dumps in right in with the rest of the outgoing information, corrupting the data you intend to put on your virtual display for example...

I griped and whined about it for years (since the 895 days) but no avail - those type of commands are still there. IMHO, the scanner should only spit back data when asked to by the host controller, not whenever it feels like it.

Just some FYI for ya. The protocol is far simpler than the nightmare GRE came up with for their scanners. My hat's off to Don Starr for being able to talk to those infernal gadgets - yeesh. I tried and gave up after a couple of YEARS of trying. I'm too spoiled by the ease of the uniden protocol.

-AZ

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
dsviper22 said:
Check this site out. Download the 396T client, it works WONDERFUL!!! I love it :D and the best part is it's free!

www.scannerbase.com

At the time of writing [6th Sept] the site is down.

I still have a copy of AVC 396 though if the site doesn't come back up, the OP can PM me and I'll email it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.