Uniden SDS 100/200

Status
Not open for further replies.

usmiladim

Hello
Just wondering if the SDS 100/200 come pre-loaded with a US and Canada frequency database installed like the Home Patrol 1 and 2?

Thank you

Milan

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
The information comes in the scanner AND the source updated weekly but you have to download the current file into the scanner.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
I bit the bullet and ordered an SDS100. Is there a factory codeplug floating around that I can look at with my ARC536 to start setting it up?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I bit the bullet and ordered an SDS100. Is there a factory codeplug floating around that I can look at with my ARC536 to start setting it up?
The scanner does not come with any Favorites lists already created. You can, of course, scan using the main database along with your location & range. You would need to specify the Service Types you want as well.

Your best bet would be to have your post moved to your state forum, and ask if someone in your vicinity would share their file with you. I don't use ARC536. But if it can import an *.hpe file (that's the export of a Favorites list in Sentinel), then that might give you some examples as well.

You can, of course, download & install Sentinel while waiting for your order to arrive. If you had either an HP-1 or HP-2, then you can export any of those Favorites lists into hpe files & import into Sentinel for your incoming SDS100.

SurgePGH

Premium Subscriber
The scanner does not come with any Favorites lists already created. You can, of course, scan using the main database along with your location & range. You would need to specify the Service Types you want as well.

Your best bet would be to have your post moved to your state forum, and ask if someone in your vicinity would share their file with you. I don't use ARC536. But if it can import an *.hpe file (that's the export of a Favorites list in Sentinel), then that might give you some examples as well.

You can, of course, download & install Sentinel while waiting for your order to arrive. If you had either an HP-1 or HP-2, then you can export any of those Favorites lists into hpe files & import into Sentinel for your incoming SDS100.
I was mainly looking to start customizing settings and such. I have a 536 and understand the favorites lists just fine.

Eng74

The same version of Sentinel you use for your 536 works with the SDS radios also. Just go to tools and select SDS-100 and you can set it up and be ready for when your SDS is delivered.

TedTobias

I Have both the 100:and 200 they are amazing scanners. I live in a very simulcast area and they both on P25 are cell phone Quality!

Thanks,
Theodore

Status
Not open for further replies.