Uniden SDS-100: Adapter for quick disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCalSearch

I am installing an antenna on my roof and I purchased a Alpha Delta Coax Switch DELTA-4B/N (see image below). I'll have a run from the coax switch to the SDS-100 and I want to install an adapter on the scanner that allows for a BNC female (I believe). I am new to this so please give me a pass if I use the wrong name. The Uniden SDS-100 has a unique antenna connection and I've tried the Diamond BNCJ-SMAP, and it would be perfect, but when screwing it in there just isn't enough thread for a solid connection.

So basically I am looking for something similar to the Diamond BNCJ-SMAP so I can have a quick disconnect setup that I can use with my roof antenna, but I cannot find an connector that will work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here are some pics of my equipment:

H0-008462A.jpg

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Any SMA to BNC adapter designed for the SDS100 will work just fine.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
Just one correction..... "SDS-100 has a unique antenna connection "

SMA is far from "unique" - it is a very common connector type. That said, Uniden recessed it, (put it down inside of that plastic collar), to enable a water resistant design (stock antenna has an O ring, making a seal).

There are many SMA/BNC adapters that will fit - like the above. Or, Jon, one of the members here have one guaranteed to work:

Status
Not open for further replies.