Uniden SDS 200 Wifi

minasha

I have a question about the SDS 200
with the wifi enabled on the scanner can I receive reception on
1- A cell phone with the right app?
2-A bluetooth speaker?
Is the communications from scanner to app or bluetooth dependable? I would like to use it everyday remotely in this way so i need to know
if people have feedback on how it works in this scenario.
Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a question about the SDS 200
with the wifi enabled on the scanner can I receive reception on
1- A cell phone with the right app?
2-A bluetooth speaker?
Is the communications from scanner to app or bluetooth dependable? I would like to use it everyday remotely in this way so i need to know
if people have feedback on how it works in this scenario.
Thanks
The SDS200 does not have native WiFi, and it does not have native Bluetooth.

The RJ45 wired LAN connection, or a WiFi bridge works great for remote access with the ProScan software.

minasha

There's no wireless feature on the SDS200, only wired ethernet.

/Ubbe
There's no wireless feature on the SDS200, only wired ethernet.

/Ubbe
If I plug my wifi into the ethernet of the SDS 200 will I be able to remotely control the scanner? If yes would there be a phone app to remotely use it or a program on a laptop?

belvdr

Premium Subscriber
If I plug my wifi into the ethernet of the SDS 200 will I be able to remotely control the scanner? If yes would there be a phone app to remotely use it or a program on a laptop?
Yes, ProScan by way of its internal web server.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Proscan will do that. Using the webserver option Proscan offers, you can view, listen to, and control your scanner from anywhere that has internet and a web browser... such as a smart phone or any computer. OR..... The RSOIP option Proscan offers, will let you connect from a PC anywhere with internet and the Proscan client installed on that PC.

minasha

Proscan will do that. Using the webserver option Proscan offers, you can view, listen to, and control your scanner from anywhere that has internet and a web browser... such as a smart phone or any computer. OR..... The RSOIP option Proscan offers, will let you connect from a PC anywhere with internet and the Proscan client installed on that PC.
That is what I am looking for, Do you know of any feedback on how dependable the proscan webserver client performs?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That is what I am looking for, Do you know of any feedback on how dependable the proscan webserver client performs?
Works perfectly for me and other members here, download the free trial and see for yourself.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The Web Server feature uses your phone Web Browser, not a "client".
Below is the link to the Web Server setup doc written by Radio Reference Member NYRHKY94. It was written before the SDS200 came out so all of it applies except the SDS200 LAN setup. The SDS200 LAN setup is performed by going to the scanner menu Settings - LAN Settings - Set IP Assignment.