Uniden SDS 200 Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.

minasha

I have a question about the SDS 200
with the wifi enabled on the scanner can I receive reception on
1- A cell phone with the right app?
2-A bluetooth speaker?
Is the communications from scanner to app or bluetooth dependable? I would like to use it everyday remotely in this way so i need to know
if people have feedback on how it works in this scenario.
Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I have a question about the SDS 200
with the wifi enabled on the scanner can I receive reception on
1- A cell phone with the right app?
2-A bluetooth speaker?
Is the communications from scanner to app or bluetooth dependable? I would like to use it everyday remotely in this way so i need to know
if people have feedback on how it works in this scenario.
Thanks

The SDS200 does not have native WiFi, and it does not have native Bluetooth.

The RJ45 wired LAN connection, or a WiFi bridge works great for remote access with the ProScan software.

minasha

There's no wireless feature on the SDS200, only wired ethernet.

/Ubbe
There's no wireless feature on the SDS200, only wired ethernet.

/Ubbe
If I plug my wifi into the ethernet of the SDS 200 will I be able to remotely control the scanner? If yes would there be a phone app to remotely use it or a program on a laptop?

belvdr

No longer interested in living
If I plug my wifi into the ethernet of the SDS 200 will I be able to remotely control the scanner? If yes would there be a phone app to remotely use it or a program on a laptop?
Yes, ProScan by way of its internal web server.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

Proscan will do that. Using the webserver option Proscan offers, you can view, listen to, and control your scanner from anywhere that has internet and a web browser... such as a smart phone or any computer. OR..... The RSOIP option Proscan offers, will let you connect from a PC anywhere with internet and the Proscan client installed on that PC.

minasha

Proscan will do that. Using the webserver option Proscan offers, you can view, listen to, and control your scanner from anywhere that has internet and a web browser... such as a smart phone or any computer. OR..... The RSOIP option Proscan offers, will let you connect from a PC anywhere with internet and the Proscan client installed on that PC.
That is what I am looking for, Do you know of any feedback on how dependable the proscan webserver client performs?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
That is what I am looking for, Do you know of any feedback on how dependable the proscan webserver client performs?

Works perfectly for me and other members here, download the free trial and see for yourself.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber

The Web Server feature uses your phone Web Browser, not a "client".
Below is the link to the Web Server setup doc written by Radio Reference Member NYRHKY94. It was written before the SDS200 came out so all of it applies except the SDS200 LAN setup. The SDS200 LAN setup is performed by going to the scanner menu Settings - LAN Settings - Set IP Assignment.

LukeB

For some reason, I cannot figure out how to access the virtual control of the scanner from my phone via the web browser. What is the URL used to control and listen via a web browser?

I've set up port forwarding (when I entered the info on my router, it accepted), successfully connected the scanner to my PC via ethernet but I'm not sure why I cannot connect via my phone. I tried the .au web URL and a few others with no luck. What am I missing?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
For some reason, I cannot figure out how to access the virtual control of the scanner from my phone via the web browser. What is the URL used to control and listen via a web browser?

I've set up port forwarding (when I entered the info on my router, it accepted), successfully connected the scanner to my PC via ethernet but I'm not sure why I cannot connect via my phone. I tried the .au web URL and a few others with no luck. What am I missing?

Did you test that the Port Forwarding is setup correctly using Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router

The URL is like this.
1.2.3.4:5000
Substitute your outside IP and the server port.

LukeB

Many thanks for the reply.

I did test it and it failed. I cannot figure out what I'm missing in the port forwarding. I'm sure it's something obvious also but I'm just not seeing it.

I'm using a Ubiquiti EdgeMax router if anyone has familiarity with them.

I have the option for Original Port (which should be?), Protocol (TCP), Forward to Address (my IP addy?) and Forward to port (5000?).

Above that, I have to select WAN Interface which gives me several ethernet plug options (eth0-eth4) than a LAN Interface which gives me the same options. My scanner is connected to a port in the local switch.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Give the Port Forwarding these 3 items:

1. Use TCP Only.
2. IP Address of the computer running the server. Don't use the scanner IP Address
3. Port # of the server.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You probably already have this

2. Add the port-forwarding rules for TCP ports 443 5000.

+Add Rule

Original port:
[Web Server Port # - Default 5000]
Protocol: TCP
Forward-to address: [Computer IP Address]
Forward-to port: [Web Server Port # - Default 5000]
Description: ProScan Web Server

LukeB

Thanks for the further explanation and resources. I've read that a minimum of 6 times thinking I overlooked a step haha I was actually re-reading it again when you replied.

I have it set up exactly like you mentioned. That leaves the WAN and LAN settings above that may be incorrect. I may have to look at the router and not the switch? Can this somehow be traced within Proscan?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The Web Server is on when you are testing. Is that correct?
You are using the computer IP Address and not the scanner IP. Is that correct?
That leaves the WAN and LAN settings above that may be incorrect.

Those settings are probably correct already since you're internet is working. I wouldn't mess with those.
I may have to look at the router and not the switch?

Ethernet switches shouldn't be a factor.
Can this somehow be traced within Proscan?

Negative. If canyouseeme.org fails then the incoming connection is not reaching ProScan.

LukeB

The Web Server is on when you are testing. Is that correct?
You are using the computer IP Address and not the scanner IP. Is that correct?
Initially, no because I didn't realize I stopped it. So I'm on the same page here, the web server you're speaking of is under RSOIP tab and the "Server" radio dial or the "Web Server" tab?

I am using the computer IP as well.

I really appreciate your guidance here. Thank you for taking the time out to help.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Initially, no because I didn't realize I stopped it. So I'm on the same page here, the web server you're speaking of is under RSOIP tab and the "Server" radio dial or the "Web Server" tab?

I am using the computer IP as well.

I really appreciate your guidance here. Thank you for taking the time out to help.
That's the problem. Don't use the RSOIP Server feature. The RSOIP Server is for RSOIP Clients to connect to RSOIP Servers.
You want to use the Web Server feature.

LukeB

Okay, so now I'm in the Web Server tab, set a password for the Serve Scanner Control Mode, clicked Start, checked the Open Port Checker and still receiving the following: Error: I could not see your service on Outside IP on port (5000).

Looks like there is still a port issue. On my router backend, there is a checkbox to Enable Hairpin NAT which is checked off. Could this have anything to do with it? I'm going to attempt to go through each WAN & LAN combo to see if that changes anything for me and gets me a successful result on the Open Port Checker tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.