SDS100/SDS200: Uniden SDS100 and Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
Could I use a windows based tablet, with adapters, to program the SDS100? of course using sentinal?
(not the Microsoft Surfaces)

donc13

Premium Subscriber
I could certainly be wrong, with that in mind, I believe Windows 10 tablets only run apps. They don't run typical executable setup/installs (like the older versions of Office, Photoshop, etc.) that a full windows based laptop or desktop runs.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone will pop in and smack me upside the head with a 2x4! 😢😵‍💫

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I have used a Windows tablet in the past with other radios, and my touchscreen Win 11 computer runs my RT software and Chirp fine.

nessnet

Premium Subscriber
I could certainly be wrong, with that in mind, I believe Windows 10 tablets only run apps. They don't run typical executable setup/installs (like the older versions of Office, Photoshop, etc.) that a full windows based laptop or desktop runs.

If I am wrong, I am sure someone will pop in and smack me upside the head with a 2x4! 😢😵‍💫

There was a 'hobbled' version of Windows that Microsoft put out for certain devices - which it sounds like you are referring to.
(Don't remember off hand what it was called....)

If a device is running a full version of Windows (Standard or Pro), you are good to go.

hunterca

SDS100, BCD325P2
Premium Subscriber
There was a 'hobbled' version of Windows that Microsoft put out for certain devices - which it sounds like you are referring to.
(Don't remember off hand what it was called....)

If a device is running a full version of Windows (Standard or Pro), you are good to go.
Cool.
Thank-You

Status
Not open for further replies.