Not open for further replies.

baloumax

Premium Subscriber
Looking around for scanner not sure witch way to go gor my area edmundston nb
Looking to listen to ambulance nb
Brunway snc lavallin local fire dept that are going to nbtmr

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
SDS100 is a lot more capable of a radio than the TRX-1, but more expensive. What state/county? Hard to understand your location from your post.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
If the database is accurate, looks like Edmundston still utilizes VHF conventioal law enforcement and fire. Ambulance appears to use talkgroup 50904 on this P25-Phase I system. I've owned both radios & there is about a $200 USD price difference between them. I strongly recommend the SDS100, however these cheaper alternatives would also work and are often available on the used market if you just want to scan what's in your area:

Last edited:

baloumax

Premium Subscriber
If the database is accurate, looks like Edmundston still utilizes VHF conventioal law enforcement and fire. Ambulance appears to use talkgroup 50904 on this P25-Phase I system. I've owned both radios & there is about a $200 USD price difference between them. I strongly recommend the SDS100, however these cheaper alternatives would also work and are often available on the used market if you just want to scan what's in your area:
View attachment 82092
They use vhf for now but upgrading to tmr p25 soon like rcmp and ambulance did but not all will be encrypted i think thats y im shopping around i was told ill need dmr what ever that is im a newbie

baloumax

Premium Subscriber
They use vhf for now but upgrading to tmr p25 soon like rcmp and ambulance did but not all will be encrypted i think thats y im shopping around i was told ill need dmr what ever that is im a newbie
I dont mind paying around 1000$ here in canada cause i use it for work i own a tow company
Ill try one if it works another i appreciate the feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.