SDS100/SDS200: Uniden sds100 repeater/programming

dmccleary01

So can somone explain the repeater input to me 458.4375. Im using the output 453.4375 for my county the main tower is in macomb about 15 miles away and im having a hard time getting a good signal on my sds100 using ducky antennas I talked to my deputy buddy and he advised there is a repeater in my town so how do I actually get connected to the repeater and not the main tower if I used the input repeater frequency will that help or is that only for talking out on im lost here if anyone knows how I would program my sds 100 to get the best reception please chime in thank you

453.4375458.4375WNIY427RMCC 3
TG 2009
SL 1
McD Sheriff DispSheriff: Dispatch - Primary DMRLaw Dispatch

andy404ns

Based on the mapping of the license here:

I'm assuming that you're near site 3 based on the way you described the situation.

That being the case you can look at the frequency list and see which is assigned to site 3. Namely - 154.7550.

The same can be confirmed by jumping through the FCC website:

Interestingly, although it's labeled as fixed base, it's only licensed for 25 watts of power which is pretty low from what I'm used to seeing. Still worth a shot though.

dmccleary01

Based on the mapping of the license here:

I'm assuming that you're near site 3 based on the way you described the situation.

That being the case you can look at the frequency list and see which is assigned to site 3. Namely - 154.7550.

The same can be confirmed by jumping through the FCC website:

Interestingly, although it's labeled as fixed base, it's only licensed for 25 watts of power which is pretty low from what I'm used to seeing. Still worth a shot though.
That frequency is what they used to run on before they went to dmr now it’s used as backup

andy404ns

That frequency is what they used to run on before they went to dmr now it’s used as backup
Ah okay. I just looked at the emission designations for that license and 453.4375 is the only frequency that is approved for DMR. So it might be the case that your deputy buddy was mistaken about the repeater or was thinking about the old one.

As others have mentioned, monitoring the input frequency would only be helpful if the units transmitting were pretty close to you. It does look like the mobiles are licensed up to 45 watts but I have no idea if any radios use that kind of power.

The best bet here, which you probably already know, is to go with an external antenna. 15 miles isn't that far so you probably don't have to go too crazy.