Uniden SDS100 & SDS200 Color Schemes

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I have just BEGUN messing with the colors on my new SDS200 and figured there need be a forum about this.
This discussion requires SERIOUS deliberation and could get heated. :unsure: Go easy on each other. Please be polite and professional and remember we are all in the same hobby, using the same scanners.

What are your color schemes for the SDS100 or SDS200? I know mine needs work. I have spent a few hours already. More to come. many, many more...

POST A PICTURE. A PICTURE IS EASIER THAN DESCRIBING.

IMG_0688.jpg

Last edited:

CQ

One of the stock choices...It's really black but the glare is showing.

2-jpg.68335

n9diz

I think I've spent more time tinkering with the color options and field locations than I have programming my favorite lists! I've gone through a lot of trial and error because the colors on my computer screen don't quite look the same when they are applied to the scanner. I am really going for something that will look good in low light as well as bright sunlight.

Ultimately, I am tweaking a variation of the various shades of Sky Blue to look similar the to dash display of my vehicle. It's still a work in progress. Until my Explorer gets out of the shop (someone slid through a stop sign during a snow shower and hit it while my XYL was driving), I won't be satisfied on the colors.

20190210_225227.jpg

Last edited:

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
This is my current color scheme. Sentinel software makes it easy to change around, fun playing with it. I make the background colors on the system, dept. and channel soft keys match their positions on the screen. Easier to hit soft key by color.View attachment 68535
GREAT idea putting system, dept and channel in diff colors, yet same as buttons. i am going to do this later. i knew we'd have great ideas to share with this thread.

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
was thinking, to save various color schemes. upload from scanner if done on the scanner or change in sentinel and save diff profiles for diff color schemes. if anyone has a better way, let us know.

maus92

Premium Subscriber
This is my current color scheme. Sentinel software makes it easy to change around, fun playing with it. I make the background colors on the system, dept. and channel soft keys match their positions on the screen. Easier to hit soft key by color.View attachment 68535
Not my choice in color pallette, but I like the idea.