Uniden SDS100 software

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterPo

Hi all just order a Uniden SDS100 and trying to get a jump on the learning curve I download the Manual, started to read just wonder which are the better software to use with for programming and where to get looked on Uniden must be hidden, thanks in advance

Bill

N2YQC

software to use

Proscan has a fully functional 30 day trial and a lifetime license.

It has tons of features and is always updated.

The author participates in these forums. (y)

belvdr

No longer interested in living
Remember that you’ll still need Sentinel for firmware updates.

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Here is a common oversight you may see and the corrections. Copy it and save for future reference.

“Nothing To Scan”

The causes that produce the Nothing to Scan warning. If you see the “Nothing to Scan” warning on your display, it is caused by one or more of the following ;
Scanner Checklist:

1. A location has to be set in 'Set Your Location' to monitor the Database.

2. You must enable at least one Favorites List or the Full Database in 'Set Scan Selection>Select Lists to Monitor'.

3. Favorites Lists or Systems with QK's assigned to them must be enabled with QK's or in 'Set Scan Selection>Manage Quick Key Status'.

4. Make sure 'ID Search' is On for the system if no IDs are programmed.

5. Service Types for the channels you want to monitor must be set to On.

6. Any FL with 'Use Location Control' set to On must have locations programmed for the Departments and/or Sites.

If you are programming everything in Sentinel first and sending it to the scanner:

Edit Profile>Scan Selection tab: Make sure 'Monitor' and 'Download' are On for FL's you want to scan.

Check or uncheck 'Monitor Full Database'.

Edit Profile>Service Types tab: Make sure the Service Types you want to monitor are checked.

Custom 1 is needed for miscellaneous channels.

Edit Profile>Location Settings tab: Make sure you have a location programmed for scanning the Full Database or FL's with 'Use Location Control' set to On.

Edit Profile>Quick Key Status tab: Make sure FLQK's are checked for FL's you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System QK Status tab: Make sure SQK's are checked for systems you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System>Options tab: Make sure 'ID Search' is On if no IDs are programmed.

Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site Quick Keys Status tab: Make sure Department/Site QK's are checked for departments/sites you want to monitor.

Edit Favorites List>System>Dept/Site>Location tab: Make sure Departments/Sites have locations programmed if 'Use Location Control' is set to Onfor the FL. 8/7/2018 Upman added “Do you have any sites programmed and enabled? If not, you have NOTHING TO SCAN.”

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
ProScan ( for remote control - easy favorite list editing)
Proscan is THE BEST programming & control software for Uniden radios BAR NONE. I've posted many times here lauding this fine software app & its developer, Bob is very supportive on these forums to users in need of a helping hand. While I have the floor, here's a link to the easier to read SDS100 manual. You'll enjoy the scanner very much & not want to put it down

n1chu

Premium Subscriber
Where did he ask about "Nothing to Scan"?

He doesn't even have his scanner yet?
I told him to file it away. It’s something that comes in handy for those who are getting started with the SDS’s. And because he said he wanted to get a head start on the manual, I thought I’d post. Doubtful the manual mentions it so it’s something to add for future reference.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded Sentinel, spent time learning that, and fully programmed my SDS-100 long before I received the unit. Of course back then there were long lead times between purchase and shipment, but I didn't let be a factor. I looked at other programs, but as others have stated, you need Sentinel for firmware updates in the radio and I didn't want to have two separate programs for the same unit. I can do everything I need/want with Sentinel.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I downloaded Sentinel, spent time learning that, and fully programmed my SDS-100 long before I received the unit. Of course back then there were long lead times between purchase and shipment, but I didn't let be a factor. I looked at other programs, but as others have stated, you need Sentinel for firmware updates in the radio and I didn't want to have two separate programs for the same unit. I can do everything I need/want with Sentinel.

Sentinel first, then if you need extra features try before you buy. Sentinel is also more than adequate for what I need.

I explored Sentinel before I got my BCD436HP. And when I made the leap over to the SDS100 (simple click of the button), I fell into the screen color customization rabbit hole.

2006walt

Premium Subscriber
I am confused with Sentinel as to when should to CHECK or UNCHECK "monitor full data base" Do I UNCHECK when downloading FL to SDS? However if I am scanning just by zip code should I CHECK? Or can I find "monitor full DB" clarification in the manual? Thanks

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I am confused with Sentinel as to when should to CHECK or UNCHECK "monitor full data base" Do I UNCHECK when downloading FL to SDS? However if I am scanning just by zip code should I CHECK? Or can I find "monitor full DB" clarification in the manual? Thanks

Yes, you may uncheck/turn off the monitor full database when you have set your own favorite lists in Sentinel. You scan with the full database when you are using the zipcode function. The full database is always onboard, and you may use it when you need to use the zip code search and when the full database is turned off, it will prompt you to turn it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.