SDS100/SDS200: Uniden SDS100E 1.21.00 Firmware changelog?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidgety9996

Hello,
before update i had following firmware on the SDS100E:
Firmware 1.10.06
Sub CPU 1.02.01

Recently made an update to the latest one now showing:
Firmware 1.21.00
Sub CPU 1.02.01

Where can I find information on what are the changes in the 1.21.00 firmware and in SDS100E firmware in general?
SDS100E product page on Uniden Europe website won't list anything Product Information|Uniden Holdings Corporation
It seems there is no support at all from Uniden side to EU products.

Thanks

kruser

Premium Subscriber
It's probably just an update to support newer hardware like discussed in this thread: SDS200 - Firmware Updates?

Chips go end of life so they are replaced with newer or different chips that also requires new firmware to function.
I'm not aware of any changes to the way the scanner performs. The E models could be an exception but I kind of doubt it.

Some of the supported US models also had firmware updates with no release notes. The Uniden rep for America did some checking and was told the new versions were indeed made just to support newer hardware in the various models but did not offer any functionality changes at all.

Last edited:

Ubbe

Where can I find information on what are the changes in the 1.21.00 firmware and in SDS100E firmware in general?
Uniden give very little info what they do to different releases. But the major thing in that release are that they added a mode to decode dPMR. You can go to Unidens australian site and register the scanner and buy the key that enables that mode.

And as mentioned it also supports new hardware where Uniden needed to use new IC's to replace obsolete ones. I think one IC might have been the one they use for CloseCall.

/Ubbe

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
It is a good bet the SDS100E received the same hardware updates the SDS100 received, but I have no contacts with that division.

Fidgety9996

@JoeBearcat hello Joe, happy to see someone that can actually comunicate with the community. Upman did not on many important issues.
Who i can contact regarding that? Seems that Uniden support for EU products does not exist. Even simple changelog and firmware available on product site would be highly appreciated.

JoeBearcat

Uniden Representative
I do not have any contacts for other divisions and when I asked UAC HQ, I got no reply, so they probably don't either. Sorry.

Ubbe

If you can find info for the US version it should be the same changes being done if the release version numbers matches.
The nonUS model should have gone from 1.10 to 1.11 when the new dPMR mode where added but it went to 1.21 that should indicate support for a hardware change as well. Any new firmware for the US model will also jump to 1.20 to support new hardware in the scanner.

Those last two digits, 06, indicates minor cosmetic changes that shouldn't affect normal operations and are usually not available to be downloaded. It could be changes to texts and menu system operations. Those changes are included in the next upgrade from 1.21 to 1.22 and are then zeroed again.

/Ubbe

Fidgety9996

It seems dpmr option upgrade is here with the firmware update. However you cannot buy it anywhere for SDS100E model (serial number structure wont let you register it on my.uniden.com). How to buy upgrades, Uniden? @JoeBearcat

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It seems dpmr option upgrade is here with the firmware update. However you cannot buy it anywhere for SDS100E model (serial number structure wont let you register it on my.uniden.com). How to buy upgrades, Uniden? @JoeBearcat

Status
Not open for further replies.