Uniden SDS200.. $572 at Amazon Now !

Status
Not open for further replies.

RCjim

Premium Subscriber
Hi if what I got out of this add and I may be wrong these are renewed units.
Amazon adds some time confuse me! :rolleyes:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi if what I got out of this add and I may be wrong these are renewed units.
Amazon adds some time confuse me! :rolleyes:

The current listing for the SDS200 from Police Scanner Outlet on Amazon @ $575 is for new units.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I believe these Amazon units are new. There was an insert ad that had "renewed" units for another $49 off.

Also, the Amazon price is now $699

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
I feel like this is a Amazon and Uniden conspiracy to cause folks to buy more scanners ;)

Thanks for the heads up, one of threes days I might bite. I don’t exactly need a base unit...but I don’t have a solid defense for not getting one either.

15plus1

I feel like this is a Amazon and Uniden conspiracy to cause folks to buy more scanners ;)

Thanks for the heads up, one of threes days I might bite. I don’t exactly need a base unit...but I don’t have a solid defense for not getting one either.
After the last sale, I have been watching it multiple times daily. Got lucky this AM.. I suspect it will happen again.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber

Not necessary a conspiracy but a new marketing approach due to the economy, COVID, civil unrest, etc. They don't want to lose their market share while they're in high demand. Possibly who ever took Paul's place in marketing is taking a different approach to some things. If they can increase sales substantially they can afford a little profit loss.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
What does the "X" mean?

View attachment 90971
I believe that is supposed to refer (loosely) to the generation of trunked systems it is designed to monitor.
The XT series scanners (396XT & 996XT) were labeled as TrunkTracker IV.
The x36HP series are nicknamed TrunkTracker V.

Your guess is as good as mine as to why they skipped from V (the x36HP series) to X for the SDS scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.