Uniden SDS200 and VHF Multi Site P25 Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

matteod

Has anyone used the Uniden SDS200 for VHF Multi Site P25 trunking? Before I purchase one, I wanted to hear from some users.

When the 996P2 first came out, I was told the 996 was the solution to multi-site trunking. While works fair on 800 MHz, on VHF the scanner is unable to follow the system and I thought I would ask for iput before I purchase.

nacsr

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone used the Uniden SDS200 for VHF Multi Site P25 trunking? Before I purchase one

I use mine on a a VHF system and it works well. I previously tried a Whistler TRX-1 and a Uniden 436.The SDS200 out performs both.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I listen to the VA-STARS system daily with the SDS200, SDS100, 436, and 536, connected to a common antenna through a Stridsberg multicoupler. The SDS200 keeps up with all the others just fine.

R0am3r

Salt Water Conch
Premium Subscriber
I listen to the Oneida County NY P25 Phase II VHF simulcast system every day with my SDS100 and SDS200 scanners. Both of the radios work great for this system.

djeplett

You should be able to receive that system just fine on your 996P2 so give tvengr a chance to look at your programming file before you decide on getting an SDS200. But if you do decide to get the SDS200 anyway it will work great on that system. I monitor the WISCOM system here in Wisconsin and it's mostly on VHF throughout the state. I also monitor it mobile with my SDS100 with GPS and it flawlessly switches from tower to tower as I drive.

matteod

it works beautifully on placer county and Roseville
Roseville is fine, Placer County does not for whatever reason. I have full scale signal on all the control channels but all transmissions are garbled or cut off. It works about 10% of the time on the 996. That's why I wanted to upgrade to the SDS200, but wanted to check with some users first. I assume you live in Placer County and you are listening to the P25 system and not the analog VHF hard patch on 160.545 MHz?

tvengr

Well Known Member
What programming software do you use. I have a Placer County file you can try. If you still have problems with missing and garbled audio, that is a sign you are suffering from simulcast distortion which is why you may require a SDS200. I would still like to see your file.

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber
Roseville is fine, Placer County does not for whatever reason. I have full scale signal on all the control channels but all transmissions are garbled or cut off. It works about 10% of the time on the 996. That's why I wanted to upgrade to the SDS200, but wanted to check with some users first. I assume you live in Placer County and you are listening to the P25 system and not the analog VHF hard patch on 160.545 MHz?

I was passing through in Auburn a few weeks ago with my BCD436HP and was around Grass Valley and it was loud and clear on Placer County CIRN P25, and then I heard the simulcast to the VHF hard patch right after.

On a good day, I can pick up Placer County CIRN P25 in Sacramento with my SDS100 , I think the site was Central?

Status
Not open for further replies.