Uniden SDS200 DMR search on Carnival?

Computrguy

I am headed out on a cruise this week. Nothing like a little last minute planning. Although I've had a SDS100 for a few years I've never used it to search for used frequencies. I am headed on a Carnival ship and seems they use DMR. I would like to let the unit search when I am on board (Yes, Carnival allows the scanner on board. Been there 2x in the past 5 weeks and have not had an issue. They keep giving me AMAZING prices so I am taking full advantage of it!).
Advice on programming the SDS100 to search for what is used on board knowing full well I have never programmed it to do this task.
Or should I post this in the Uniden forum?

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
I am headed out on a cruise this week. Nothing like a little last minute planning. Although I've had a SDS100 for a few years I've never used it to search for used frequencies. I am headed on a Carnival ship and seems they use DMR. I would like to let the unit search when I am on board (Yes, Carnival allows the scanner on board. Been there 2x in the past 5 weeks and have not had an issue. They keep giving me AMAZING prices so I am taking full advantage of it!).
Advice on programming the SDS100 to search for what is used on board knowing full well I have never programmed it to do this task.

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
That's search. I think I thought of using Close Call. But maybe Search is the way to do it?
Search for sure. just divide it up into banks, you got proscan and a laptop? that way you could keep it running and see after a few days what bands worked!

Computrguy

What I gathered so far. We left Miami yesterday. As expected lots of chatter right before leaving. Things like the pilot is on board, last guest now on board, can bring the gangway down, doors secured, confirmed departure time with port operations and report of a smoke detector going off. i Only put in 3 frequencies and left the TG to search. 4 TGs were active. 801 was def for the bridge. There was 802, 807 and 808. Hard to determine what what was for them. Maybe engineering, customer service ( they used GSM as an identifier), security.
VHF ch 12 was used to communicate with port operations.
everything I heard was in English with a couple heavy accents.
I added a number of more frequencies in this morning so we’ll see if I get more hits.
haven’t figured out close call yet so not using that. I did turn on Searxh with scan this morning so will see what that yields. I think I set it up to search UHF 454-467 or something like that.
I can’t figure out how to turn on recording so if anyone knows let me know. I know it’s simple but I’m doing this on my phone so not easy to research stuff and internet is marginal at best.
so far, I’m glad I brought the Unit with me.

Alrib123

What I gathered so far. We left Miami yesterday. As expected lots of chatter right before leaving. Things like the pilot is on board, last guest now on board, can bring the gangway down, doors secured, confirmed departure time with port operations and report of a smoke detector going off. i Only put in 3 frequencies and left the TG to search. 4 TGs were active. 801 was def for the bridge. There was 802, 807 and 808. Hard to determine what what was for them. Maybe engineering, customer service ( they used GSM as an identifier), security.
VHF ch 12 was used to communicate with port operations.
everything I heard was in English with a couple heavy accents.
I added a number of more frequencies in this morning so we’ll see if I get more hits.
haven’t figured out close call yet so not using that. I did turn on Searxh with scan this morning so will see what that yields. I think I set it up to search UHF 454-467 or something like that.
I can’t figure out how to turn on recording so if anyone knows let me know. I know it’s simple but I’m doing this on my phone so not easy to research stuff and internet is marginal at best.
so far, I’m glad I brought the Unit with me.
What ship are you on?

ecps92

If you can (not familiar wit the SDS series) program for two ranges, you will find most UHF Maritime activity in the following
457.5000 - 457.8250 (at 12.5 kHz legacy Analog, but 6.25 kHz for the DMR) and then 467.5000 - 467.8750 (yes this includes GMRS and FRS, as the Non US UHF Martime is +/- 10 mHz where the US +/- is 10.255 mHz)

They may also have some unique 451-470 channels allocated in their radios, but most is on the 457/467 pairings

Computrguy

Today we are anchored of Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. Using tenders to ferry people to shore. Lots of chatter. Attached is a screen shot of Scanner Master connected to a BCD436HP from a period of time this morning. It shows TGs and frequencies with hits.
Added one more TG not identified in Miami - 806
Oh, also, while in Miami I did pickup chatter on other TGs. One from from MS Divina on 3002 & 3003, same frequency. There was some on TG 1 but I could not identify the vessel.

Attachments

• Half Moon Cay.JPG
    Half Moon Cay.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 49

ecps92

This is likely what you have (based on prior reports)
Note that each Freq has it's own Color Code

457.5250DMRCC:08 SL: 2 TG: 807
457.5375DMRNote the 6.25CC: 05 SL: 1 TG: 801
457.5500DMRCC: 06 SL: 1 TG: 802
457.5500DMRCC: 06 SL: 2 TG: 808

with your Report we now have TG 806 added to the mix on 457.5500 it looks like, altho I am not familiar with that presentation format
Was 806 heard on 457.5500 ?? and what SLOT ?

Today we are anchored of Half Moon Cay in the Bahamas. Using tenders to ferry people to shore. Lots of chatter. Attached is a screen shot of Scanner Master connected to a BCD436HP from a period of time this morning. It shows TGs and frequencies with hits.
Added one more TG not identified in Miami - 806
Oh, also, while in Miami I did pickup chatter on other TGs. One from from MS Divina on 3002 & 3003, same frequency. There was some on TG 1 but I could not identify the vessel.

Computrguy

I wasn’t capturing that at the time. I can try and capture that going forward. The Scanner Master applet doesn’t capture those details either as can be seen in the attachment above.
I asked for help in my initial post with how to use this scanner for seeking more out but no one offered any info. So I am learning the best I can as I go.

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I wasn’t capturing that at the time. I can try and capture that going forward. The Scanner Master applet doesn’t capture those details either as can be seen in the attachment above.
I asked for help in my initial post with how to use this scanner for seeking more out but no one offered any info. So I am learning the best I can as I go.

What is this “Scanner Master” app you are referencing?

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
It’s a Chrome add on for the Uniden scanners (SDS and BCD). Connects to the scanner via usb and displays the data in the file I attached real time on the computer

Thanks. Sorry for the thread intrusion.