SDS100/SDS200: Uniden SDS200 - How do I scan frequency range?

mxd334

Hello,
I am relatively new to the Uniden SDS200. How do I program it to scan and favorite a frequency range of 151-159 MHz and 451-470 MHz?

Thank you!

~Matt

Ubbe

Go into the menu and to "Search for..." and "Edit Custom" Select Custom 1 and set the frequency limits. You can probably leave the rest to their defaults. Do the same to Custom 2.

Go back one step and select "Custom Search" Push the number buttons until all are dashes except 1 and 2.
It will now do your searches.

If you want to search and scan you have to go into each unwanted Custom search range and select it to be permanent avoid. Then in the main menu you select "Scan list to monitor" and select "Search with scan"

/Ubbe

Last edited:

mxd334

Go into the menu and to "Search for..." and "Edit Custom" Select Custom 1 and set the frequency limits. You can probably leave the rest to their defaults. Do the same to Custom 2.

Go back one step and select "Custom Search" Push the number buttons until all are dashes except 1 and 2.
It will now do your searches.

If you want to search and scan you have to go into each unwanted Custom search range and select it to be permanent avoid. Then in the main menu you select "Scan list to monitor" and select "Search with scan"

/Ubbe
Thank you! I setup the 2 custom frequency ranges.
Kenwood1 = 151.000000 159.99999
Kenwood2 = 451.000000 470.99999

How do I tell my radio to scan just those 2 custom items I created? If I go into "Custom Search" it searches all the custom items (1 through 9) and my Kenwood1 and Kenwood2 are in between. How can I just scan Kenwood1 and Kenwood2?

Thank you!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
You can set that up thru Sentinel also.

Hook scanner to pc. Read scanner into Sentinel. Edit profile. Click Custom Search tab.

Add your ranges and step sizes. I prepend a number in front of the name to make my tough life easier.

1677453718590.png

When done, write back to scanner.

Yes, I am aware that the last name does not match the lower and upper freqs.

mxd334

You can set that up thru Sentinel also.

Hook scanner to pc. Read scanner into Sentinel. Edit profile. Click Custom Search tab.

Add your ranges and step sizes. I prepend a number in front of the name to make my tough life easier.

View attachment 137268

When done, write back to scanner.

Yes, I am aware that the last name does not match the lower and upper freqs.
Thank you!. It looks like I've completed this successfully, however, I've hit another snag. My Radio is not scanning Kenwood1 and Kenwood2, my only custom channels now. Instead, it makes me flip through the stations manually (each frequency increment). How can I make this auto-scan like before?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
My Radio is not scanning Kenwood1 and Kenwood2, my only custom channels now. Instead, it makes me flip through the stations manually (each frequency increment). How can I make this auto-scan like before?
Is your squelch set higher than 1? (Ideally 2) or you didn't inadvertently press the HOLD button did you?

Brales60

Premium Subscriber
R.R. is easily the best of the Internet, imho. Smart people with no bs attitude.
It really is a great site. I've mentioned before that I'm admin/mod on a huge Ford based site, but I really enjoy this place. I read more that post. Really glad I got into this scanner deal, and enjoy the hell out of it. We turn on the SDS200 as soon as we get home. Kind of funny my wife encouraged this due to her liking the PD stuff, and our oldest kid being in the FD here. I'll get into it a little more once I retire in about a year or so.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
First time I've heard the Sheriff Dept heli up watching stuff with units on the ground.
Go here

and type H in the filter by description and you will be able to see that helo on a live map.

1677632287363.png

orangekay

Sorry for the bump, but I'm going through a very similar learning process here and am trying to figure out whether or not it's possible to specify CTCSS frequencies on these custom search things. I've become increasingly interested in finding out what PG&E is doing in my area given the fact that I've been without power at least three days a week for the past month and they use hundreds of analog channels that can be a bit screechy if you don't tone squelch them to get to the actual voice transmissions.

Doesn't look like Sentinel has any kind of "bulk add" functionality to get them all in the conventional way and the .hpe files aren't CSVs I can automatically generate with other tools so I'm feeling like I might have picked the wrong scanner for me.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
trying to figure out whether or not it's possible to specify CTCSS frequencies on these custom search things.
Not that I am aware of. Only way to do that would be like setting up a fav list with tones.
interested in finding out what PG&E is doing in my area
Most likely the same as they do in my area,,,,, not much.. Seriously, where are you located?
Doesn't look like Sentinel has any kind of "bulk add" functionality to get them all in the conventional way and the .hpe files aren't CSVs I can automatically generate
they use hundreds of analog channels that can be a bit screechy if you don't tone squelch them to get to the actual voice transmissions.
Honestly, I have never heard of "having to enter tone squelch to receive voice". Tone squelch allows two or more users the ability to operate on the same freq without interfering with each other.

Where are these hundreds of Pseg freqs listed? Between any pc with Excel, Sentinel or @ProScan , you can usually get large amounts of data into these scanners.