Uniden selling to Canada again

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hey folks,
Just thought I'd let those that may not have checked for a while know that Uniden has now changed policy and will ship to Canada.

Discovered this while looking for a replacement handset for my recently bathed cordless phone.

Anyway, other than only seeming to offer postal shipping to Canada and several warnings about not being responsible for duties, taxes, terrorist attacks, heat waves, ice storms...(you get the idea) seems like a fairly easy transaction.

I will update when I receive my order!!!

I think this post was the least I could do after all the grumbling that was done by myself and others about them not selling to Canada. Once again, Uniden listens to their customers.

mciupa

Database Admin
Thanks for the news ,wheelchair.
This is truly a Public Service Announcement for forum members here.:lol:
I kinda gave up looking at the "mother" site and was looking at other avenues.

I_10_92

Indeed. Thanks wheelchair. I'm going to check this out for myself.. right now... with my nifty firefox tabs..

bluesman905

This is great news and it's about time. Can't remember the number of threads i've seen end something like "oh wait a minute.....they won't ship to Canada" Should make it easier for everybody!

SCPD

QRT
Finally got my connection back after that little storm last night. Anyhow, got my confirmed shipping amount $22.00 US via fedex ground--not a bad deal. I'll post when the order arrives. They will not offer express ship to Canada because they figure it will not arrive on time due to customs. Sounds like they still need to do a bit of work learning how to ship out of the US but so far so good. I'll take it and even be happy to pay the COD taxes/broker fees on arrival.

electricsheep

I tried to place an order today and was given the message that they can not ship "scanners or CB radios" to Canada.

What the hell?

What link are you guys using?

SCPD

QRT
MatteBlack said:
Well they won't ship a BCi25d card... just tried that.

I consider that a part but hey, I don't work for Uniden. I ordered a case for my 396, replacement battery pack for a cordless phone and a couple of extension handsets for my cordless. I had another 396 in my cart but removed it just before checkout.

Suggestion to maybe check with UPMan via e-mail to see if he can assist with an order for this item since it is discontinued and becoming rarer than hen's teeth.

Are you SURE that you're not on the don't sell to because he's a terrorist list? Sometimes those Texans are just downright difficult...:)

It was parts and parts availability that we were previously grumbling about so perhaps that is what they've decided on? As I said though, I still think that card is a PART not a radio.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Just when I gave up on them and got a Radio Shack scanner this time around.

I remember such frustration dealing with them. Maybe now so many used scanners in Canada will have a life and won't be sold off in a sad state of disrepair.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
photodreamer said:
Maybe now so many used scanners in Canada will have a life and won't be sold off in a sad state of disrepair.

And what sort of problem did you have shipping them off to Lectron Radio Sales in Peterborough for service? After all, they're Uniden's Canadian repair centre.

SCPD

QRT
Mike_Oxlong said:
And what sort of problem did you have shipping them off to Lectron Radio Sales in Peterborough for service? After all, they're Uniden's Canadian repair centre.

Didn't know they could get parts. This was last year i had trouble ordering parts from the US with Uniden. And I contacted Radioworld and Durham Radio, but both couldn't help me. I didn't need repairs, I needed parts. I even contacted Uniden and they told me to contact Durham or Radioworld. No mention was made about Lectron to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.