Uniden Service Turnaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nydxa

Has anyone recently had any scanners repaired by Uniden? I'm wondering what the average turnaround time is? My 796 suddenly went dark last night.

You turn it on and the amber illumination blinks briefly, followed by low level white noise. Strange, as the 796 usually takes a few seconds before you get any sound.

Considering I've owned Bearcart (Uniden) for over 30 years, this is the 1st failure I've had. Overall, very reliable! It's on it's way to Ft Worth.

radio

Premium Subscriber
Uniden Repair

Uniden in Fort Worth is the ONLY place you can get a Uniden radio repaired. It ususally takes 3-4 week turnaround on repairs. Set one price depending on the radio. I have used the service several times and have not been disappointed. JUST MAKE SURE WHEN YOU SHIP IT, AS YOU DO WITH ANYTHING ANYMORE, USE A TRACKABLE SERVICE WITH A SIGNATURE ON DELIVERY AND INSURE IT!

Last edited:

nydxa

Uniden Service

Thanks.
Called them and they quoted 7-10 days - we shall see.
I write a monthly newsletter for our NYC based scanner group - www.nydxa.info
I plan to write the "experience" up in an upcomming issue.
I'm very confident they will do a good job.
Thanks

Smith29180

My 996t locked up on the copyright screen last month. I sent it off on the 6th of july and recieved it back on the 30th . About what I expected on turnaround.

Eng74

My BCT15 died they got it on the 8th should be shipped back on the 23rd. So I figure with UPS I might see it again by the secound week of September.

nydxa

OK, so Uniden received my 796 today. Let's see how long it takes for them to enter it in the system and notify me it was received?

disp10

Premium Subscriber
After owning my 396T for a whopping 2 months, and using it very little during that time,it sudddenly stopped working. One minute everything is fine, the next it will not make a peep except for the noise it makes when you turn it on.

My 396T was received by Uniden on 8/20, repaired on 9/4, shipped on 9/5. So 16 days from receipt to shipment.

The only notation on the repair status website is "short". So I assume the radio had a short of some kind that caused the problem.

Hopefully this problem was a fluke. I have owned my Pro-96 for several years now and never once had a problem, and it gets used constantly.

Last edited:
disp10 said:
The only notation on the repair status website is "short". So I assume the radio had a short of some kind that caused the problem.

This is not much of an explanation. Don't you wish Uniden would explain a little better or at least mentioned where the short was, ie: short in power supply, short on microcontroller IC, etc...

I would be interested in knowing which part happened to be shorted. This could also help us all further down the road if anyone else has a problem like yours.

FWIW,

nydxa

Finally got my radio back. Repair description said updated software. Opened the unit and discovered they replaced the main PCB. (I marked it before I sent it)

Took just about 1 month.

Uniden, if you are reading this, who in God's name decided to use DHL to ship the repaired unit to my local USPS for delivery. This is insane. It took 7 days to go from TX - NJ!

Ground UPS or even USPS has to be cheaper.
Read about it here:
http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81580

Uniden Report Card:

Repair Quality: A
Turnaround time: D-
Shipping: F

Listen to your customerfeedvack.

scosgt

I just posted about the same experience. Around a month for repair, then the stupidest shipping in the world.

godskidz

Uniden turnaround

I sent my BC246T to Uniden by USPS on 2/1/12 and they got it on 2/3/12.
I will keep y'all updated as things happen !!!
God Bless

freqhopping

I got an email yesterday with a tracking number for FedEx delivery on the 13th.

It will have a new control board and keypad. They probably replaced the keypad too just because all the number were well worn, so that will be nice.

Last edited:

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Same here

Uniden, if you are reading this, who in God's name decided to use DHL to ship the repaired unit to my local USPS for delivery. This is insane. It took 7 days to go from TX - NJ!

Listen to your customerfeedvack.[/QUOTE]

YUP same issue here mine came back "FedEx SmartPost" to NJ..What a JOKE...FedEx to the POST OFFICE then to me .....all i can say USE UPS They are the BEST...

kenbar

Listen to your customerfeedvack.

YUP same issue here mine came back "FedEx SmartPost" to NJ..What a JOKE...FedEx to the POST OFFICE then to me .....all i can say USE UPS They are the BEST...[/QUOTE]

===================================================================
For me, it was a total cluster. I also give an A and a D and an F.
My time frame was December 2011-Jan2012 ( over a month ).
No need to bore everyone with rants. It was just absolutely awful service.
The left hand did not know what the right was doing.
To add insult to injury, it was sent 2 day air and returned FedX/USPS. It took 8 days to go 3 states.
-----------------------------
I also tried to buy 2 items from Uniden. Huge cluster again.
It was totally turned around by an astute CS Supervisor. She fixed it all.
I had ordered Sunday night and by Friday morning the order was still FOOBARED.
This wonderful lady fixed it, and upgraded me to true overnight so I got Friday.
She had to bypass the Uniden system and order on her own department resources.

I am a Uniden customer for life. I will never do business with Uniden corporate again however.
I am not angry, but just absolutely hate doing business with chaos.
The same brains that shipped FedX/USPS must have set up the POS system.

There are too many other companies out there who offer better service.

Also.... all Uniden employees were courteous and helpful at all times... just unable to do their jobs.
Go figure???

Status
Not open for further replies.