Uniden 'Service'!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwcooper141

My 246T got a little deaf, so I called about getting it repaired. I was told turnaround was 1 week after receipt.

Sent the scanner in via UPS. Checked on it this morning and found that it had been 'received' on 6/26; even though UPS tracking indicates it was delivered 6/23; and was estimated to ship 7/14. I called Uniden and was told '..we have a little backlog...'.

I asked about expediting the repair, even at additional charge. No. When I asked to speak to a supervisor the guy said 'There is no one I can transfer you to on this issue'. I asked to speak to his boss - and he hung up.

So much for 'Customer Service'. I feel I was lied to from the beginning; then given no option on the repair. If they'd been straight with me I would have waited until I got back home to send in the radio since it was working reasonably well on strong repeater signals.

I don't know if others have had similar experiences with Uniden. Is this typical? I've had Uniden radios for years starting with the '245, '250, and 780. I was really excited at the small size and finally getting away from proprietary battery packs on the 246 and 396. I've never had any problems with any of them unitl this experience.

The recent upgrade to the '396, requiring adding an ESN to the radio, reads like Uniden is planning to start charging for upgrades/bug fixes. That combined with this service experience may be the end of the line with Uniden scanners for Jim.

Jim

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
uniden service?

Well, I could bore you with stories about rude encounters I had with uniden BUT it would take me hours of writing to do so. Just know you are NOT alone and after spending over 2,000.00 dollars with them on everything from scanners to cbs and frs radios I finally quit and woke up to the fact that THEY just dont care!!!! Money keeps rolling in and could care less about doing something for a CUSTOMER when sales are not involved!!!! Same old story!! Big outfits are ONLY interested in what you will BUY not serving the person when there is a problem or non-cash related service that they need to do!! I switched to gre and found their psr500 to BLOW AWAY uniden and leave them in the dust where they BELONG!!!!!!!!!!

linuxwrangler

Hmm. Sent my 396 in for refurb. Uniden estimated a week turnaround - that is one week *at Uniden*. Got it back in 3 weeks just as I expected.

I used cheap ground shipping which was slowed a day by Memorial Day so shipping was 1-week each way and repair was 1-week.

Still not crazy about the underengineered earphone jack but can't complain about the repair.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Until the unit is actually evaluated by a tech, the system will show a typical worst-case turnaround time of about 3 weeks. Once the tech sees it, it will either be repaired and returned within a day or so or, if the repair has an exception (like required parts that might take time to arrive) the system will be updated to indicate the exception and expected completion date.

Typical turnaround is much faster than 3 weeks, but the system is set up to err conservatively until a tech can actually assess.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
The recent upgrade to the '396, requiring adding an ESN to the radio, reads like Uniden is planning to start charging for upgrades/bug fixes.
Jim

As has been discussed many times in the past, Uniden is only going to charge for ADDED features, NOT fixes.

Mike

windchaser

upman i can understand what you are saying but that still dose not excuse those service reps who answer the phone who are rude to the to the customers, it is us who pay there saleries.

Status
Not open for further replies.