Uniden Siren App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
I know this is an old program. It was working great with mt SDS200 and iPhone11. All of a sudden the audio quit. The program still displays the channels as it scans, but the audio is gone.

I have tried turning the scanner on and off, check the IP, etc, to no avail.

Has anyone else found a solution?
and
Is there another iPhone app that will bring the audio to the phone?
Proscan works great on the network computers connected to the SDS200.
Mike

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
The siren app that you use with the hp 536 and the dongle that works on the SDS200? if so where do you plug the dongle in the 200

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
The siren app that you use with the hp 536 and the dongle that works on the SDS200? if so where do you plug the dongle in the 200
The scanner is connected via ethernet to my network via the RJ45 on the front of the scanner. I assigned a permanent IP address to it. Open Siren and use that IP and you are in business. It was working for quite a while when I lost audio. No dongle needed

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber

You don't use the dongle with the SDS200, you connect the scanner directly to your network router through the RJ45 port on the front of the scanner.

bryank104

Premium Subscriber
i know about hooking to my router, the title of the post threw me offf. It sounded as you were using the dongle with the 200. Thanks

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Is there a second device that is also "looking" at the scanner? I've had some issues with using an iPhone and iPad at the same time.

The next thing I'd suggest is rebooting everything in the "path" - scanner, router, iPhone, being sure to clear out the Siren app.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
The scanner only supports one data connection at a time. If you want to feed multiple devices from a single scanner, you need to use ProScan or similar software to forward the data from the scanner to multiple clients.

Ubbe

Usually there's one port for control and another for audio, one TCP and one UDP. One or the other can stop working anywhere in the chain and are usually the routers fault. Try rebooting your router.

/Ubbe

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Usually there's one port for control and another for audio, one TCP and one UDP. One or the other can stop working anywhere in the chain and are usually the routers fault. Try rebooting your router.

/Ubbe
Actually the audio uses TCP and UDP. The data uses UDP only.
Only one audio connection at a time. Multiple data connections at a time

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
So if the TCP port closes the audio is gone, right?

/Ubbe
Correct. Basically TCP is used for setup and keep alive polling.
{edit} The audio method Uniden is using is RTSP / RTP G.711 MU Law

Last edited:

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for all the good suggestions. I rebooted the router and it worked for a while. I closed Siren, and when I went back in, the audio was gone again.
I wish there was another program, like ProScan for iPhone!
Thanks Again!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I wish there was another program, like ProScan for iPhone!
Thanks Again!

Why not use the Proscan web server and access your SDS200 using the web browser on your iPhone? Works great for me.

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Why not use the Proscan web server and access your SDS200 using the web browser on your iPhone? Works great for me.

This is something I did not know about. Thank You. I would have to figure out how to do this. Is there a tutorial? I have ProScan working, but still haven't figured much out beyond logging and monitoring.
Thanks

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
This is something I did not know about. Thank You. I would have to figure out how to do this. Is there a tutorial? I have ProScan working, but still haven't figured much out beyond logging and monitoring.
Thanks

This is for the BCD536HP, but instead of setting the IP address through the dongle, set the IP address in the SDS200 menu (I think you have already done that).

https://www.proscan.org/Uniden%20BCD536HP%20Wi-fi%20Stream%20and%20Remote%20Access%20Via%20Proscan%20Web%20Server.pdf

Ishmole

Premium Subscriber
Status
Not open for further replies.