SDS100/SDS200: Uniden Small Battery Pack and Door Cover for SDS100 Now Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouieCT

Premium Subscriber
81 bucks shipped, im trying to figure out whether or not I even need one at this point. I have 3 of the big batteries on rotation

trp2525

81 bucks shipped...

If you pick the "USPS Priority Mail" choice from the drop-down shipping menu it appears that the lowest shipping charge is $11.50 for the entire USA (probably using a USPS Priority Mail flat-rate box). That makes your purchase price including shipping come out to $81.45. If you choose any of the UPS shipping options in the drop-down menu those rates vary based on your zip code's distance from Scanner Master (which is located in Massachusetts).

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
$69.95 + shipping? :eek: Ouch. I'm glad I bought my small battery and door from a fellow RR member for $35. It might have been 'used,' but it works perfectly for my needs.

Xray

At that price... If you don't have it already...
You can by the extra large battery with the external charger...

Well, its obviously geared towards folks who don't want the extra bulk of the big battery in the 1st place. If price ever drops to more like $40 I'd be in.

trp2525

At that price the small battery cost more than the big battery.

You are correct based on the pricing information that I found online. For comparison purposes here are the current prices for the large Uniden BPS-100 battery (aka model BT-954 battery) for the SDS100 (prices do not include the large battery door cover):

Scanner Master $49.95 plus shipping (currently out-of-stock): Uniden Bearcat Replacement Battery for SDS100 [BPS100] | Scanner Master

Universal Radio $49.95 plus shipping: Uniden Bearcat SDS100 Scanner

Ham Radio Outlet $54.95 plus shipping: You are being redirected...

Bearcat Warehouse $55.90 plus shipping: Uniden Replacement Battery For SDS100 [BPS100] | Uniden Police Scanner Radios

Zip Scanners $79.99 plus shipping: Uniden SDS100 Battery BPS100

FYI the only online seller/retailer that I could find selling the large battery door cover for the SDS100 was Bearcat Warehouse at $10.99 plus shipping: New Battery Cover for SDS100 (SBCSDS100) | Uniden SDS100 Scanner

Last edited:

Eng74

I guess there were enough people asking for it so maybe Uniden did a small run to see if they will sell. I have a first generation with the small battery and wouldn’t mind having a 2nd small battery. I have 3 large punched two external chargers one for home and one later on for my road bag.

u2brent

OAMPT
Premium Subscriber
Early adopter, when I put the free large replacement in the unit, I put the small one aside to use as a spare.
About a month later I went to use the small one again and it had puffed up slightly and the radio would not recognize it nor would the external charger.. I was bummed. I like the smaller form factor of the smaller battery.
So.. I ordered 2 when this thread was posted.. They had 64 in stock. Now they are sold out... only 2 Days :LOL:
I'd say there is a demand, despite the price.. :unsure: Mine arrived today..
Hopefully they'll get more..

I ordered another SDS100 in expectation of that economic stimulus check, staying home, doing my part. ;)

Maybe battery tech will catch up and a newer more powerful pack will come out that can use the small form factor. (y)

Eng74

After listening to the scanner guys show it sounds like Scanner Master might get some more of the small battles and doors. I will say it was nice of Uniden to make the external charger be able to charge both sizes of batteries. Maybe Uniden should look into putting both batteries and doors in the SDS-100 in later versions.

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
After listening to the scanner guys show it sounds like Scanner Master might get some more of the small battles and doors. I will say it was nice of Uniden to make the external charger be able to charge both sizes of batteries. Maybe Uniden should look into putting both batteries and doors in the SDS-100 in later versions.

Or hopefully battery technology improves and we can squeeze the large battery capacity into the small form factor

Reactions: RRR

trp2525

If anyone here on RR is still looking for the small battery for the SDS100, I just noticed that there is one currently available on eBay. The listing states that the battery was "just charged and tested" and also includes the small battery cover for the "Buy It Now" price of $60.00 plus $3.90 for USPS first-class shipping: Uniden SDS100 small battery and cover | eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.