• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Uniden SMU250KTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruiseomatic

I've had one for sometime and never used it. I have the user's manual for it but it doesn't tell me much. What can anyone tell me about it? I know its TX at 467.3000. How can I re-program this radio? I need any information anyone has on it. Thanks.

Thayne

The programming software is DOS based, and uniden had a rib box to interface to a real serial port, I remember that none of those old unidens were built too well but they were a lot cheaper than Moto
& Kenwood. I havn't seen any of that old stuff for years, but I still have some UHF 416K portables new in the boxes from the 1990's but the batteries puked long ago.

rdavidmayo

If you are still looking for the programming cable for this radio you can find one at Radio Cable & Programmer Solutions for Programming, that is the cheapest I have found. It runs about $50. I can get you the software if you want but there is a catch: it will only run on an older, slower computer running DOS and with a "real" serial port. Or, if you want, you can send it to me and I will program it for you. Our club has 14 of these radios that we are trying to sell to raise money for the club, so I have been doing a lot of research in the process and have learned a bit about them.

ahboood

Uniden SMU250KTS rib box and software.

I am looking for the rib box and software for this radio.. I have found the rib box on eBay but they want to rape me.. I think a friend of mine has the box if I can get the software he might be able to help me.. I just need to be able to read the radio because I have a customer that wants to switch radios but he lost his frequency list.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You in advance.

rdavidmayo

RE: Uniden SMU250KTS rib box and software

I can send you the software on CD-ROM. Send me your info and I can mail it to you. Should be pretty simple to read out freq data if you can borrow a RIB box. CD includes instruction manual.

Dave
email: rdavidmayo@catt.com

rdavidmayo

Forgot you

I thought I sent you the files by email attachment. They may not have come through if your email server blocks certain types of attachments. I think it was a zip file. I have not been able to find the CD ROMs but I can make one for you if you did not get the email attachment.

Dann

Premium Subscriber
I know this is a old thread but I'm trying to find programming software, or some place to program the radio, any help would be great....Thank you.

rescue161

KE4FHH
Database Admin
Uniden used to sell the software for $25. They sent me a CD and the $25 included the shipping. The cable I made did not need a RIB. The radio does great on UHF LTR systems and/or analog conventional. I always got great audio reports with mine. The name of the software is "APX812.EXE" and is fairly small at 477kb.

rdavidmayo

Uniden program software

I had several of these radios that I got from a landscaping company that used them for GMRS. They are great radios and can be programmed for GMRS, FRS and 440 MHz ham radio band. I think I have the software here on disc if you can’t find it anywhere else. Sure I can come up with a copy for you. I used a cable that I bought from a company in Canada (rfguys.com if I remember correctly) to program it. Costs about $50 for the cable. Some folks have built their own, I have the schematic but never tried it myself. If you don’t want to build the cable or buy one I would be glad to program it for you if you could ship it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.