Uniden Taking Over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys,
Just got my new BCT-15 and introduced it to the family. GRE's family are starting to get a little scared for some reason!.
100_1141.jpg

The whole family
100_1143.jpg

GRE's heard the BR330 is coming soon as well.:D

mikie333

wow, thats a nice setup there...i normally don't bother to post, i just look at the photos...but i'm thouroughly impressed, so i had to!!!

any special antennas for the bases?

safetyobc

Nice set up Ron! Yeah those Uniden's are real bully's lol!

They kicked my Pro-97 and Pro-2055 right off the stand.

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
mikie333 said:
wow, thats a nice setup there...i normally don't bother to post, i just look at the photos...but i'm thouroughly impressed, so i had to!!!

any special antennas for the bases?

Thanks guys,

As far as the antennas, I am building a Tilt-Over(In the wiki:http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Tilt-Over_Mast) that is going to be home for the VHF-LP from DPD Productions on the rotor . The Diamond D130J discone and the Sinclabs 800MHZ Omni below the rotor all with LMR-400 coax.
I am putting the finishing touches on the mast so hopefully it should be finished soon so I can show you guys!.
Take care

Mstrfxit12

In use or the floor display

Has anyone else noticed that most of the pictures of shacks posted look like staged photos (not implying they are). I mean my shack looks like its been around for a hundred years. It has notes and codes posted on post-its on most every flat surface, scanner manuals out, a couple of empties usually hanging around and of course catalogs and Map books. I don't know but if mine looked like some of these I'm not doing too much monitoring.... Chris

safetyobc

Mstrfxit12 said:
Has anyone else noticed that most of the pictures of shacks posted look like staged photos (not implying they are). I mean my shack looks like its been around for a hundred years. It has notes and codes posted on post-its on most every flat surface, scanner manuals out, a couple of empties usually hanging around and of course catalogs and Map books. I don't know but if mine looked like some of these I'm not doing too much monitoring.... Chris

If you would look back at Ron's shop/shack, pics. You will see he is a very neat person. If you get one of his custom scanner stands, that will be evident as well. Not staged.

I usually straighten my "shack" up before taking the picture, but that only means moving the ink pen and note pad and putting it in the drawer.

Some people are just neater than others. :D

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the kind words Matt. I will show you guys my mess in the shop. You can see the mast that I am working on, Ignore the metal bench!LOL See the Rotor?
The new additions (upper cabinets)
100_1149.jpg

With Lights, these puppies are bright!
100_1150.jpg

No lights
100_1151.jpg

Thanks again guys
Take care

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the comments guys. I am having fun building this tilt-over and just finishing the next 20' top to add to the mast, it should be cool!
Just wondering if I should run all the coax lines down the centre of the pipe or the outside?
It would look much better if it is all hidden inside.
Take care

safetyobc

tonsoffun said:
Thanks for the comments guys. I am having fun building this tilt-over and just finishing the next 20' top to add to the mast, it should be cool!
Just wondering if I should run all the coax lines down the centre of the pipe or the outside?
It would look much better if it is all hidden inside.
Take care

I would go with it inside. Birds, squirrels, sun, ice, etc. Don't know how the squirrel population is up there in Canada, but down here they like coax. lol

matt

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Premium Subscriber
safetyobc said:
I would go with it inside. Birds, squirrels, sun, ice, etc. Don't know how the squirrel population is up there in Canada, but down here they like coax. lol

matt

HAHA Ya we have tons of squirrels as well. I heading towards the inside as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.