Uniden Tavern - Thank Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

bberns22

I am glad the the moderators have created subfolder directories for Uniden discussions. Now that there is a new isolated garbage scow for the malcontents that can't get enough satisfaction from complaining and complaining and complaining ......

The rest of us can now avoid the stink and focus on the more relevant aspects of this hobby.. Free at last, free at last!!!!

Seriously though, great job to the RR team...

WILSON43

Premium Subscriber
Great idea or an attempt once again by RR to provide "cover" for Uniden?

This "sub" forums idea is silly. Things were fine just the way they were.

Not everyone drinks the Uniden Kool Aid. One person's "stink" is another persons right to complain about very expensive products that have serious issues.

Before I plunk down 5 or 6 hundred bucks an a scanner, I want to hear from the malcontents along with the Uniden Kool Aid drinkers.

You never know. A trip to the garbage scow now could save much remorse and aggravation later.

Now, as for those Whistler sub-forums......

Last edited:

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......

Not everyone drinks the Uniden Kool Aid. One person's "stink" is another persons right to complain about very expensive products that have serious issues.

Before I plunk down 5 or 6 hundred bucks an a scanner, I want to hear from the malcontents along with the Uniden Kool Aid drinkers.

You never know. I trip to the garbage scow now could save much remorse and aggravation later.

I agree. It is a lame attempt to "lose" the real things going on. But hey, you and me are peons compared to some around here....lol

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col

You never know. A trip to the garbage scow now could save much remorse and aggravation later.

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

-AZ

daveharpe

Jeez. Just what I need - six different places to look for information on ONE product line. It's like some demented voice response tree...
- If you are having audio difficulties, press 1
.....For headphone problems, press 1
.....For speaker problems, press 2
- If you are calling about new products, press 2
.....For non trunking scanners, press 1
..........For mobile, press 1
..........Desktop, press 2
..........Handheld, press 3
.....For trunking scanners, press 2
..........For mobile, press 1
.....Desktop, press 2
.....Handheld, press 3

JamesO

Well this is interesting, not sure I like it but time will tell.

The real issue from as consistency standpoint, the other RR Scanner Forums have not been broken out into sub groups.

So is the plan to make all Scanner Forums into the same format with Sub Groups?

Or was there something done here to specifically because of a personal reason?

What would be VERY helpful for new folks would be to have a sticky in one of the Sub Forums with a break out of web links for each scanner model to include all the YouTube videos, Uniden support pages, Firmware support pages, Sentinel support pages, User Manuals, Easier To Read Manuals, Parts links etc.

Seems you have to really hunt for all of this.

It would take someone maybe an hour or 2 but it would be a very helpful launching point for EVERYONE to find info on the Uniden products.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider

"Whistler PSR-500: Now with 300% more red buttons!"

"Whistler PSR-600: Still the exact same radio inside!"

"Whistler PSR-800: E-Z Sca.. mmmph.. sorry, even we can't call this software "easy"!"

"Whistler PSR-900: the PSR-800 in a different housing.. honestly, it's coming soon. Really!"

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Well, if we've gotten used to the DMA programming methodology for Uniden's scanners, I'm sure we can master the sub-forum concept too. Like a new pair of shoes, it will take a certain break-in period.

The threads were getting far too difficult to find information. Some stuff would be in thread A with related information in thread B.

Still would like to see another thread added specifically for Uniden to make announcements (Siren App updates, firmware updates - progress report things) and for that thread to have access limited to Uniden.

AZScanner

The real issue from as consistency standpoint, the other RR Scanner Forums have not been broken out into sub groups.

So is the plan to make all Scanner Forums into the same format with Sub Groups?

I think RR should. We can expect the same deluge of "is it ready yet? is it shipping yet? does it do XYZ? etc" posts when the new Whistler models (not the rebadged GRE's but actual new models) start being announced, and the same deluge of "this doesn't work, that works great, this scanner is awesome, this scanner sucks etc" posts once they are released. It would make keeping up on all the chatter a little easier, especially with a "Tavern" included in the mix to catch all the naysayer and fanboy rants so we don't have to be bothered with that stuff unless we want to be. I think this subforum idea is a good one that is long overdue.

-AZ

Highpockets

I think RR should. We can expect the same deluge of "is it ready yet? is it shipping yet? does it do XYZ? etc" posts when the new Whistler models (not the rebadged GRE's but actual new models) start being announced, and the same deluge of "this doesn't work, that works great, this scanner is awesome, this scanner sucks etc" posts once they are released. It would make keeping up on all the chatter a little easier, especially with a "Tavern" included in the mix to catch all the naysayer and fanboy rants so we don't have to be bothered with that stuff unless we want to be. I think this subforum idea is a good one that is long overdue.

-AZ

Hypocrite, you have stated your sick of all the crying posts and you were done with them. Well, they create a Uniden Tavern section where most of this type of posts will occur and you already posted twice and your right in the middle of complaining about users who complain.

So, now I guess I'll get a Hot Pockets or Dude or a new name, I'm just pointing out you do like being in the middle of all the bull posts concerning Uniden, pro or con.

Don't we all. :p

southernCTscan

Feed Provider
You know, HP this forum does have an ignore feature if what I post bothers you so much. Feel free to make use of it.

-AZ

If folks have a serious question about the 436 and want my advice said:
Yep, the new Unidens sure do suck. I so hate mine, it's awful and doesn't work and how dare Uniden even make such a complete piece of junk....

Clearly this is what some of you want to be told, so who am I to argue? Have at it, if the above is what you'd like to believe. I really don't care anymore. I've wasted who-knows-how-many hours debating with you people about this stuff. Time to spend my time plucking my eyebrows or licking a light socket or something - anything - less painful than dealing with all the Uniden haters on this site. I shall henceforth waste no more of my time in such a manner.

Check please! I'm outta here. :roll:
-AZ

Pot, meet Kettle.

AZScanner

Pot, meet Kettle.

Honest to God... you can't make sh-t like this up, now can you? :roll: Fine.

ATTENTION EVERYONE

Not that I really need to explain myself to certain petty little children, but it's precisely this time of "neener neener" BS that led me to post what I did in the first place. I have since decided (which I have the right to do - it's still a free country) to give the Uniden forums another chance after the recent changes. If some of you have a hard time wrapping your little minds around that concept then I'm sorry, but that's life and you're just going to have to deal with it. Call me a pot or a kettle or a hypocrite or whatever but the bottom line is unless you are paying my bills, I don't answer to you. Period.

Now, if anyone has anything PRODUCTIVE they'd like to discuss, I'll be over in such places as the Uniden Tech Support forum, assisting those whom I can, which I enjoy doing DESPITE the persistent needling of certain petty individuals elsewhere on this site, who shall remain nameless.

Thanks,
-AZ

forums manager

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've moved this thread to the Forums Administration forum since it's where this discussion needs to occur (and states so in the new Announcement). [And yet we still can't have a thread involving Uniden not spiral out of control]

First, for those that thought it was fine before must have had blinders on because the whole Uniden forum had turned in to a cesspool of complaints and whining; a terrible signal to noise ratio. It was difficult as hell to find information without reading each thread. Not to mention the work the moderation team had to do, and ultimately did not have the time for, which resulted in what the Uniden forum became. It was a daily job to keep everything in check and not something a volunteer needs to deal with. I hated reading the Uniden forum.

Secondly, we have not decided to divide up threads randomly. I know it takes a lot of time out of your day but read the forum descriptions. If you don't understand what they're trying to convey then ask in this forum. The purpose of these new sub-forums is to divide up the topics by category. We do not and will not randomly choose where to put threads.

And I'm really getting sick of this Uniden conspiracy theory involving preferential treatment or coverup. Just give it up. Personally, as the guy who runs this place, I prefer GRE designs. I do own a 536 and do you see me getting on a pedestal to praise it? No. So stop already; it makes you look disconnected from reality. If someone's post got deleted it's because it violated the rules. If you want to complain do it in the proper forum, in the proper thread and did it in a civilized manner.

If you do not know where your thread should go, and you read the forum descriptions, then ASK here. Be patient. Everyone seems to demand answers so quickly.

Important announcements from Uniden will go in the parent Uniden forum. Yes, this forum will be closed to posting because not every thread needs the me too comments a majority of the announcement threads got. If you have an issue with a firmware or software release then either use the Tech Forum for user specific issues, the Software forum for Sentinel issues or the Bug Reports forum for issues everyone will experience.

These forums will always change and adapt to the memberbase size and traffic, and the state of the scanner/radio comm industry. If you hate change and run your brain on auto-pilot this is not the place for you.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the explanation and for all the help. I know you guys are also doing your best to keep this a clean and decent place to visit. I neither demand nor expect (nor get) preferential treatment. Any time you do something for me (stickify a thread, help to consolidate posts into intelligible order, etc), I consider it a favor and not anything you are required to do.

JamesO

Eventually, yes. This was done with the Uniden forum first because it seriously needed help.

Thanks for confirming this, I know Rome was not built overnight and it will take a lot of effort to sort and move things around.

Thanks for all the Moderators efforts, it is not an easy job at times to keep the house straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.