Uniden To Release New P25 Simulcast-Capable Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanesFan95

FORT WORTH - Uniden America Corporation, Inc. (NYSE: UNID) has released a press statement that a new, P25 simulcast-capable scanner is scheduled for public release in 4Q 2017. The company's media relations staff posted the following product announcement:

"At Uniden America, we strive to keep up with the latest in two-way radio communications technology. It all started back in 1997 when we released the first-ever trunking-capable scanner, the BC235XLT. Since then, public safety radio technology has grown, and our company is committed to delivering high-quality monitoring solutions at an affordable price. The latest Project-25 communications systems utilizing simulcast technology have been a challenge for the scanning industry. That is why we have undertaken an extensive research & development project during the last year to develop a trunking scanner that will properly monitor and decode P25 trunking systems that use simulcasting from multiple antenna sites."

The first release model, the BCD496S, will offer simulcast support for both P25 and DMR trunking and conventional systems. Company officials estimate the MSRP at $899 with the first units shipping in November, 2017. Further announcements and product photos will be issued in 3Q 2017 after gaining FCC type-acceptance. Pre-orders will be available from participating Uniden dealers at that time.

Nasby

But you have to tape up the battery door if you want UHF coverage.

wbswetnam

I had thought about doing something like this (an official-looking announcement supposedly from Uniden) announcing a digital upgrade for Open Sky, but decided against it. Instead I wrote a fake article about how scientists are planning to move all polar bears from the Arctic to Antarctica to compensate for their loss of habitat due to melting of the polar ice cap, and an over-population of penguins in Antarctica. Maybe Breitbart News will carry it...

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Unident to release - April Fools

Hahaha. Good one. AND it can only be programmed with Scancat LITE

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
Someone did the DMR Upgrades on April Fools and few months later DMR came out. So we shall see what happens this time.

In 1993, someone did an April Fool's joke about cable companies offering the ability to listen to police and fire department radios from any part of the country live.....not dead on, but pretty close. We will see.

mancow

Database Admin
Well they are about 90% there with the BCD536HP. Don't know about anyone else but mine decodes what nothing else but a Moto does.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
My PRO-96s were the cat's meow on LSMs, until those pot screws broke, now they are only good on stand alone sites. My BD396XT rocks on almost anything I throw at it, and my BCD436HP is the bomb diggity on LSMs, DMR, conventionals... Only has the current weirdness with DMR TGIDs that Uniden is as confused about as we are with now at least 4 firmware test updates so far...

mancow

Database Admin
My PRO-96s were the cat's meow on LSMs, until those pot screws broke, now they are only good on stand alone sites. My BD396XT rocks on almost anything I throw at it, and my BCD436HP is the bomb diggity on LSMs, DMR, conventionals... Only has the current weirdness with DMR TGIDs that Uniden is as confused about as we are with now at least 4 firmware test updates so far...

Say wut?

INDY72

Yup. Current fw v is .24 in the line. Each version has fixed one thing but thrown something else off it seems like. Hopefully they fix it soon. I am about to revert to .20 until the next update fix attempt.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

My PRO96 blew ballz on simulcast. WTF you on about?
Both of mine rocked on P25 phase I LSM systems once I did the intrtnal adjustments on VR4. And until I messed up and broke the screws when attempting to readjust again after couple of years.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

mancow

Database Admin
Ok, weird. I have no idea what VR4 is. You realigned the receiver's IF stage transformers?

Status
Not open for further replies.