Uniden trunk tracker 3 scanner BC 346XT question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorjock721

Premium Subscriber
I have had this for a couple of years now. I live in the DFW area and have most of Area FD/PD channels.

A few Depts have already changed over to the P25 systems. Am I going to have the capability to upload the new P25 stuff on this scanner? I m not too savy with the digital/analog scanner info.

Any imput would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

captclint

Mentor
I have had this for a couple of years now. I live in the DFW area and have most of Area FD/PD channels.

A few Depts have already changed over to the P25 systems. Am I going to have the capability to upload the new P25 stuff on this scanner?
No. the 346 does not receive digital. You will need to look at 396XT or other digital scanners. . Expect to spend $400-$500

Last edited:

frazpo

If you can find a buyer you can probably get $140-150 out of the 346. When I upgraded I just kept mine though. Good scanners, and I still have a lot of analog where I live.

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
I loved my 346 but eventually I got a GRE800 for the digital signals the police are using around my area.
I gave my 346 away to a friend (who is really enjoying it), but no reason why, as suggested above, you couldn't sell it and use the proceeds to offset the extra cost of a digital capable scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.