Uniden trunktracker 4 charging problem

Vinnytowop

Hello im new here !!
I have a problem with my scanner (uniden trunktracker 4 /IV )
It shows : charge off when plugged to the charger whether batteries are in or not
I wiggled the switch in battery compartment and still doesn't work
Im a bit lost since im not to experienced in the scanner world
I tried the switch , changing batteries and even tried to charge alkalin battery nothing works
It only shows charge off not batterie problem or anything else ...

Charge off ...

Ive tried charging the batteries outside the scanner and charge in it after but even at full charge nothing changes
Could it be my charger directly ?

Charge off keeps showing

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I tried the switch , changing batteries and even tried to charge alkalin battery
Welcome to the RR forums. NEVER EVER EVER charge alkaline batteries, especially in the scanner. This may cause leakage which will damage the internals of your scanner beyond repair. Regarding the issue at hand, it seems as if you tried every troubleshooting measure in the book so your only other option may be shipping the scanner out to Uniden to be repaired. Assuming you mean the Uniden BCD396XT the unit can still be repaired (rates below) . Your call if you'd rather pay the repair rate or put your money towards a more up-to-date scanner. Best wishes!

Model​
Repair Available​
Repair Price​
With US Contiguous 48 States Shipping​
With Canada/Alaska/Hawaii/US Territories Shipping​
BCD396XT
Yes​
$79.95​
$94.95
$119.95

Vinnytowop

Welcome to the RR forums. NEVER EVER EVER charge alkaline batteries, especially in the scanner. This may cause leakage which will damage the internals of your scanner beyond repair. Regarding the issue at hand, it seems as if you tried every troubleshooting measure in the book so your only other option may be shipping the scanner out to Uniden to be repaired. Assuming you mean the Uniden BCD396XT the unit can still be repaired (rates below) . Your call if you'd rather pay the repair rate or put your money towards a more up-to-date scanner. Best wishes!

Model​
Repair Available​
Repair Price​
With US Contiguous 48 States Shipping​
With Canada/Alaska/Hawaii/US Territories Shipping​
BCD396XT
Yes​
$79.95​
$94.95
$119.95
What i meant by charging with alkaline batteries is i put them in just to see i didnt leave them in charging for hours it was just to see if the message changed but nothing thank you for your response ill look into fixing or upgrading like suggested after i try with a new charger
Probably gonna upgrade