Uniden Twiki Map of Digital Use in CONUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That was a neat map showing digital use. I'd like to offer a correction or two.

It shows Jefferson County Kentucky as P25 Conventional, but we are P25 Phase 1. Also (and I don't know how this might be handled on the map) but the Kentucky State Police is P25 Conventional and they are statewide. Lastly Fayette County is cranking up a P25 Phase 1 system.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The data comes from RRDB. If more than one type is being used in the same county, the color might reflect only one of the system types. You can click on a system type in the top left of the map to either ignore it or ignore all types except that one.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Upman - however there are no public safety agencies (other than the state police) who use a P25 Conventional System here in Jefferson County. Is this something I should bring to our state database administrator's attention, with it being an RR database thing?

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Well, it is the state police, then. I believe that the data reflects the counties with a documented repeater site. If you click P25 Conventional in the legend and select "EXCLUDE" then the color of the county changes to Phase I color. Since conventional is higher in the list, it uses that color.

ColonelMike

Premium Subscriber
That was a neat map showing digital use. I'd like to offer a correction or two.

It shows Jefferson County Kentucky as P25 Conventional, but we are P25 Phase 1. Also (and I don't know how this might be handled on the map) but the Kentucky State Police is P25 Conventional and they are statewide. Lastly Fayette County is cranking up a P25 Phase 1 system.

Also Chief, that is why Bullitt shows P25 Phase 1 on the map. It is only because of the Berhneim MetroSafe repeater.

However, there is significant talk of going digital out here and Shepherdsville has just added a digital channel and its encrypted :(

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Upman & Kycohpd:

Thanks fellas, I got it figured out.

Mike- glad to hear there's talk of doing something out your way - I'm sure all responders out that a-way would welcome any improvements - still lots of dead spots from whay I'm hearing. Hopefully encryption would be minimal.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Hover over the legend and you'll see a little pencil icon. Click that icon, then P25 Phase II to highlight only those systems and you'll likely see PG light up red. (According to the dB it is P2, not X2.) Since there is also some P1 in the county, the overlay color will be green (since P1 is higher in the list).

Status
Not open for further replies.