Uniden UBC-125XLT TCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyking_comms

I have been in contact with the creator of the scan125 software (Nick) as currently you can only connect the scanner to a computer via a Com port. I was wondering whether it would be possible to connect to it via TCP similar to SDR's and the SDR Sharp software. Unfortunately Nick hasn't any experience of TCP and doesn't know if it's even possible, but maybe be willing to try if someone knows how?

I'd ideally like to connect my Pi3 to the 125 and control it via my Windows 10 tablet with wifi.

Thanks

pb_lonny

Hi.

I have worked with Nick a bit to add UBC126AT support to Scan125 and also fix some bugs. I have my UBC126AT connected to a Windows10 laptop which I then use remote desktop to control from other devices. I don't know if the UBC125 supports TCP commands at all, how were you planning on physically connecting it?

skyking_comms

I had hoped to connect the 125 directly to my Raspberry Pi3 (via USB) and then connect my Windows 10 tablet to the Pi3 via wifi. That way I can locate the Pi3 and 125 anywhere in the house.

I had thought about a USB connection to a windows machine and then remote access it, but I wanted to eliminate having to use 2 windows computers, especially as I have a Raspberry Pi not doing anything at the moment.

Scan125

I did look at this for the OP.

A thought I just had would be based on TWO Pi3s operating in Bridge Mode.

Scan125/other control program on PC <==> USB <==> USB Pi3 <==> Pi3 wireless <==> wireless Pi3 <==> Pi3 USB <==> USB scanner.

The scanner control program would effectively see the scanner as being directly connected over USB.

The bridge is a USB-Pi3(1)-wireless to wireless-Pi3(2)-USB pass through that just shovels text strings back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.